..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: PCSX2 0.9.8!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27
(05-04-2011, 06:13 AM)meganova Wrote: [ -> ]So... we still can't port over the savestates from older to newer version(this or any upcoming svn), right?

never could, never will be able to
(05-04-2011, 06:18 AM)Saiki Wrote: [ -> ]never could, never will be able to
Guess I'll have to continue playing Growlanser on previous version then.

Thanks for the reply.

(05-04-2011, 06:26 AM)meganova Wrote: [ -> ]Guess I'll have to continue playing Growlanser on previous version then.

Thanks for the reply.

Or you could save in-game on mc in the older ver and then copy over the mc file
to the newer ver(Configure it, using "Config"--> "Memory Cards").
Then start the game, load your save, and now you're ready to continue savestating
in the new ver of PCSX2.

It worked for me b4 and it should work for you now coz I
doubt that anything have changed on the mc system in the newer ver(you see it was
already working perfectly).
(05-01-2011, 08:20 PM)Destroyer101 Wrote: [ -> ]Hey guys,

I just tried to run the thing after installing and Norton removed it. I didn't have this problem with 0.9.6 or 0.9.7. Anyone know what might be causing Norton to think its a virus?

I also had this problem while running PCSX2 and I simply turned Norton Antivirus off before running. But after I turned the computer off and then on again, Norton still removed the program. It gets a little annoying after this happened three times and I had to install the program again and again. Might as well keep the installer handy for now until this problem is solved.
sweet
unistall that norton. simple as that
Tried some Ridge Racer V today. Cars still look messed up using hardware acceleration Sad

Framerate is about the same. Smooth about 60%-70% of the time, but choppy/laggy on some parts of the tracks regardless of gdsx setting and scale res.

Oh well, hopefully one of these days these issues will be ironed.

Well thanks for the new version guys, it can only get better from here Smile
(05-04-2011, 07:30 AM)thexk Wrote: [ -> ]Or you could save in-game on mc in the older ver and then copy over the mc file
to the newer ver(Configure it, using "Config"--> "Memory Cards").
Then start the game, load your save, and now you're ready to continue savestating
in the new ver of PCSX2.

It worked for me b4 and it should work for you now coz I
doubt that anything have changed on the mc system in the newer ver(you see it was
already working perfectly).
If Growlanser in-game save function is working(no freeze or anything), I would have done that before posting it here.

Since it does not working(on previous version), the only way is to use savestates, and as you may know, savestates can't be ported over to newer version.
The in-game save for this game working on 0.9.8, that's why...

and I just asking whether it can be done on this version, well I guess it will never be. Smile
To those to whom PCSX2 appear as infected, maybe it is, just not from the official site, better removing completely that installation from the system and downloading it freshly.

Make sure to do a complete virus scan before anything else. Preferably an online scan. Remember if the computer is already infected it may infect everything that gets to it.

@Meganova

Indeed a complicated situation that remember 0.97 could not load the memcard from the game start in Suikoden IV (sorry I don't have Growlanser)
still it allowed to save, have you tried it?

Now with 0.98 is possible to load from the memcard in Suikoden IV, providing it is done quickly before that first screen with the New Game/Continue option freezes...
Justly like it was in 0.96.

If is not possible to save on any point in Growlanser (try more than one save point), it's indeed a problem. I did a quick search and found this game is one I may want to play and might find it in the bookstores yet. I'll look for it later today.

(05-04-2011, 09:11 AM)meganova Wrote: [ -> ]If Growlanser in-game save function is working(no freeze or anything), I would have done that before posting it here.

Since it does not working(on previous version), the only way is to use savestates, and as you may know, savestates can't be ported over to newer version.
The in-game save for this game working on 0.9.8, that's why...

and I just asking whether it can be done on this version, well I guess it will never be. Smile

My bad then coz I thought that u could at least save on almost every game on mc.
seems that's not the case thought Smile

anyway I hope you'll find a solution to this soon
best of luck
(05-04-2011, 10:12 AM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: [ -> ]@Meganova

Indeed a complicated situation that remember 0.97 could not load the memcard from the game start in Suikoden IV (sorry I don't have Growlanser)
still it allowed to save, have you tried it?

Now with 0.98 is possible to load from the memcard in Suikoden IV, providing it is done quickly before that first screen with the New Game/Continue option freezes...
Justly like it was in 0.96.

If is not possible to save on any point in Growlanser (try more than one save point), it's indeed a problem. I did a quick search and found this game is one I may want to play and might find it in the bookstores yet. I'll look for it later today.
You can access the memory card, but when you want to save it on one of the slots, the game will just freeze(with sound),
if you lucky it will be saved, but happen randomly at the starting point of the game. As you progress through the game, the game won't save at all.
The game also freeze a lot during battles, events, etc.

(05-04-2011, 12:27 PM)thexk Wrote: [ -> ]My bad then coz I thought that u could at least save on almost every game on mc.
seems that's not the case thought Smile

anyway I hope you'll find a solution to this soon
best of luck
No worries. Wink
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27