..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: opengl for windows
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I know gdsx is faster and everything but i can't install directx on the computer i want to play. so is there any way to use a opengl graphics plugin?
Why can't you install directx on that computer? Blink
Not making any accusation here, but the only reason I can think of as to why someone can't install DirectX is because they don't have a "Genuine" copy of Windows.
DirectX is part of Windows. Are you using windows? DirectX is not something you need to install,only update.
(05-03-2011, 07:41 PM)spiflication Wrote: [ -> ]Not making any accusation here, but the only reason I can think of as to why someone can't install DirectX is because they don't have a "Genuine" copy of Windows.

Well it's at my school, so if they don't have a genuine copy of windows that's not on me. I don't have administrator privileges so i can't install anything or, excuse me, update anything. Now back to the original question pleease Smile
ZeroGS is an openGL plugin, and it comes with the emulator.

That said, you probably won't get good results with a school computer... I don't know of many schools that invest in top of the line hardware (video card and CPU).
Actually zerogs is directx. Zzogl is OpenGL. To the op: just put the needed directx files in the pcsx2 folder, it'll work
Err I meant zzogl. My fault Wink

Ahh guess it's not included with the emulator by default anymore... or was it ever? Maybe I just never paid enough attention... I know I played around with it at one point.
(05-04-2011, 01:07 AM)Koji Wrote: [ -> ]ZeroGS is an openGL plugin, and it comes with the emulator.

That said, you probably won't get good results with a school computer... I don't know of many schools that invest in top of the line hardware (video card and CPU).

Yeah zerogs didn't come with the emulator. I wanted to use the zzogl plugin but the one i downloaded must not have been updated or something because i can't choose it from the list. And my school just got a grant for nice new dell laptops that are pretty decent, and the desktops are optiplex something or other. So they're not half bad i don't think.

(05-04-2011, 01:15 AM)refraction Wrote: [ -> ]Actually zerogs is directx. Zzogl is OpenGL. To the op: just put the needed directx files in the pcsx2 folder, it'll work

What directx files would you be talking about?
(05-04-2011, 01:39 AM)Pal Wrote: [ -> ]What directx files would you be talking about?

An example is d3dx9_43.dll, which is depended on by GSdx in pcsx2 0.9.8.

On a machine is updated to the latest versions DirectX, find it from the \Windows\system32 folder and copy it into same folder as pcsx2.
Pages: 1 2