..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: How do you run pcsx2 9.8 latest in ubuntu 64 bit
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Like I said you must download the 32bits versions of the package. I do not have ubuntu myself cannot help you more on this one. Try to look on launchpad/try to search on the forum there are maybe some stuff around, just use the same vesion as the 64 bits your already have.
Then you must copy so files into the /usr/lib32 directory

How do you copy to that directory you need sudo. What am I suppose to write in the terminal.
Yes you need super user right because you will change your system library. Example of command
Code:
sudo cp my_dl/libwx*.so* /usr/lib32
say I want to copy libwxbase2.8-0_2.8.11.0-0ubuntu8_i386.deb. What would be the command.
sigh... google -> shell linux base (note you can also use a gui file explorer to move library, actually you can do everything in gui !!!)
mv libwxbase2.8-0_2.8.11.0-0ubuntu8_i386.deb /tmp # move the package in temp
cd /tmp
unp -u libwxbase2.8-0_2.8.11.0-0ubuntu8_i386.deb # extract the package DO NOT USE SUDO FOR THIS COMMAND or you will destroy your system (I'm serious).
#then copy lib that you extract (not the one of your filesystem)
sudo cp ./libwx..../usr/lib/libwx*.so /usr/lib32/
mv libwxbase2.8-0_2.8.11.0-0ubuntu8_i386.deb temp

mv: cannot stat `libwxbase2.8-0_2.8.11.0-0ubuntu8_i386.deb': No such file or directory

Can anyone make an installer that checks your 64 bit version downloads the files needed from ubuntu site and automatically extracts them and has a deb of pcsx2 latest.

Or a youtube tutorial since there aren't any.
Or a script for natty that creates a chroot and install pcsx2 latest 9.8.
Quote:mv: cannot stat `libwxbase2.8-0_2.8.11.0-0ubuntu8_i386.deb': No such file or directory
you must download it first [1]. And then go to the directory you download [2].

[1] -> http://www.google.com/
Search libwxbase2.8-0_2.8.11.0-0ubuntu8_i386.deb first link
[2] -> Honestly if you do not understand shell command do not ask them. And use a file browser like nautilus (gnome) or konqueror (kde)

In my opinion the better you can do is either someone a script for you (that can destroy your ubuntu) or wait ubuntu properly support the 32bits program in a 64bits OS.

Name
libwxbase2.8-0_2.8.11.0-0ubuntu8_i386.deb
open your file/browser and extract the .deb (ark/file-roller). It is only a compress archive which contain the library you need (note you need to uncompres the archive). Then copy the extracted library into /usr/lib32.
Pages: 1 2 3