..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: newbie questions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm new to this and I was just wondering 1) Are there any quick buttons for saving/loading states? It usually is an F# key on other emulators. 2) Is there a way to increase the speed, like a turbo key? I sometimes like to fast forward through cutscenes and such.
F1: Save State
F2: Change State
F3: Load State
F4: Enable/Disable Framelimit (this will allow you too fast forward if your pc is fast enough)
F5: Toggle through interlacing modes
F9: Toggle between hardware/software mode
Tab: Enables turbo mode, similar to framelimit but you can set a custom cap to you speed. Framelimit will emulate the game as fast as possible.
Im not sure if F6-8 does anything
(05-09-2011, 05:03 PM)GamerGeek Wrote: [ -> ]F1: Save State
F2: Change State
F3: Load State
F4: Enable/Disable Framelimit (this will allow you too fast forward if your pc is fast enough)
F5: Toggle through interlacing modes
F9: Toggle between hardware/software mode
Tab: Enables turbo mode, similar to framelimit but you can set a custom cap to you speed. Framelimit will emulate the game as fast as possible.
Im not sure if F6-8 does anything

Turbo doesn't seem to work for me. Also, save/loading seems to work, and I know I'm changing states when I hit f2, but is there a way to display what state I'm currently in as I change states?

Also, what are interlacing modes and hardware/software modes?
Just to add, F2 cycles between 10 slots (0-9) and Shift + F2 cycles backward. The new 0.98 show the currently selected slot at the window title.

Interlacing modes might help if the game image shakes on the screen. Try them, for me the "Blend bff" gives the best results in all games I have tried and is defined as default in the GSDX config window.
If your running in fullscreen then there is no way to see what state your on. Ive attached a pic to show the state location. Interlacing is an option in the gsdx plugin, mainly used to stop the screen from "shaking". Software/hardware is also a gsdx option. Hardware means it will use your gpu, software will use your cpu. Software is a bit more stable but much slower in most cases.
Ahhh, I wasn't in full screen but my window was so small it wasn't showing the state at the top of the window. Thanks!

Do you know why the turbo feature wouldn't work? Do I need to hold tab down, or just click it once? Neither seem to work, but..
You only need to press it once and it will toggle on/off. Although it only works if framelimit is enabled and you pc is fast enough.
the ever confusing use of double negations Smile ... actually it works only if the "disable framelimiting" is not enabled (as in the little box unticked)... but the post is understandable enough. Actually it is more or less as disabling (actually toggling) the frame limit on fly.

I myself am not acquainted with that feature... the F4 toggles the framelimiting but I think the TAB key is the one that try to apply the "turbo" function.
Turbo is just a frame limiter of 200% speed and only works if your system is capable of giving that extra speed, if it can't reach even 100% speed well turbo will not change either (except maybe in the menus/load screens)
How can I tell what percentage I'm currently running at? One of the displays at the top of the window near where the save state is?
Pages: 1 2