..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Not sure if this would be considered a bug report or not
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm not really sure if this would be considered a bug report or not but I am having a problem with Suikoden IV and 0.9.8. When I try to load a save game it just hangs at a black screen and i end up having to use save states instead of actually using the save points in game. Is anyone else experiencing this? And if so is there a work around?
Try the new 0.98, it works once you don't delay too much to click the Continue.
i'm using 0.98 and for suikoden 4 it doesn't work it goes to a blac k screen the minute you hit continue it doesn't bring up any kind of screen that allows you to load a save game.

(05-12-2011, 01:07 AM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: [ -> ]Try the new 0.98, it works once you don't delay too much to click the Continue.

broken disc (image file) ?i.e probably some bad sectors in it (this is only my opinion)
if installed on leftovers from previous version you should consider deleting the content of the inis folder and let the emulator recreate it again.

at least make sure the path lead to the newer plugins and not the former ones. ABOVE everything else, make sure the emulator IS NOT installed in C:\Program Files (x86) which is the nemesis and bane of all games over there, even many native PC ones.
i figured out what it was i just had to tweak a few coniguration settings and the load save game screen came up without any problems.

(05-12-2011, 04:50 PM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: [ -> ]if installed on leftovers from previous version you should consider deleting the content of the inis folder and let the emulator recreate it again.

at least make sure the path lead to the newer plugins and not the former ones. ABOVE everything else, make sure the emulator IS NOT installed in C:\Program Files (x86) which is the nemesis and bane of all games over there, even many native PC ones.

Which settings did you tweak exactly ? I have the same problem and i'm looking for a workaround.

Thanks in advance !
Should not need to tweak anything, probably being formerly "tweaked" was the real problem. Let the configurations at default (I mean, no speedhacks, no frameskipping and so on), if for some reason still don't work, you might want to tell us what are your computer specs.

PS: To strengthen the already told point: this issue is present in 0.97... you'll need the emulator's 0.98 version and respective (included) plugins.
I too am curious about the settings the op tweaked as I play S4 fairly often and I have ran into both problems of the start screen hanging and the continue from a save hanging. My gut feeling tells me it is a clamping issue.
(06-03-2011, 01:06 AM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: [ -> ]Should not need to tweak anything, probably being formerly "tweaked" was the real problem. Let the configurations at default (I mean, no speedhacks, no frameskipping and so on), if for some reason still don't work, you might want to tell us what are your computer specs.

PS: To strengthen the already told point: this issue is present in 0.97... you'll need the emulator's 0.98 version and respective (included) plugins.

Well i am using the 0.98 version and the plugins were included with it =/

As for my specs well here they are :

Intel® Core™ i7 CPU 860 @ 2.80GHz 2.80GHz
8.00 Go RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GT 230
Windows 7 Family Edition 64bit

If i forgot anything, don't hesitate to ask.
Pages: 1 2