..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: [BUG?] "Blah blah has stopped working" Emu crashes in GSdx setting.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When launching the "First config" after downloading, clicking "Configure" for the gpu plugin crashes the emu, as well as following pull-down menu to plugin config.

Crash occurs when clicking "Configure" unless the SSE4 plugin is selected, in which case it does nothing, and no config is launched.

If this is a bug I can give details on, just let me know what you need to know.

Well you are the first of thousands to report it, so im guessing its more a support issue. moving.
System information is required on any support request or bug report.
PC specs?
Q6600
Radeon 5770
4GB ram
Win7 32bit
Let's guess... is the emulator installed on C:\Program Files (x86)?
No, didn't use installer, just grabbed zip with binaries and dumped it on Desktop.

This hasn't presented an issue with previous versions of the emu, but will run from drive root.
"... has stopped working"

Details from dialogue:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: pcsx2-r4600.exe
Application Version: 0.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 4db89265
Fault Module Name: atidxx32.dll
Fault Module Version: 8.17.10.318
Fault Module Timestamp: 4cc7929f
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 000357fb
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
The Desktop is not a good place to keep files, less yet applications running from it... if not for another reason for harming the overall system performance.

The better place to install games (any games) is an user created folder. A good idea would be creating something like C:\Games and using to install all and every game there (yes, even the PC ones).
I keep my games on a different drive than my OS, in x:\GAMES Tongue2

I just did a quick unzip of this to give it a test drive.
*facepalm*

Looking at that error report inspired me to update my gpu driver, which solved the problem.

Sorry for inconveniences.