..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: The Best Settings for Valkyrie Profile 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
(05-29-2011, 03:06 AM)Bositman Wrote: [ -> ]Sure go ahead and post it

I edited my msg too slow, sorry, lolLaugh
(05-16-2011, 02:43 AM)ryanboyl Wrote: [ -> ]Changing it to three threads may have made a slight difference, so little I am not entirely sure if I am only imagining it. When I enabled hyper threading and kept my task manager open in the background, also changing the number of SW rendering threads to 7. Closing out and making sure the settings saved and then trying the game, only four threads were in use, and definitely received about 5fps less than w/o hyperthreading. So I am leaving the SW threads at 3 w/ hyperthreading off for now. One other thing I am noticing is that the images dont seem to be laying on top of each other perfectly per frame in the vertical positioning. Causing a shaky appearance. Is there a setting to tweak to fix this? Also, is it not possible to reach 60fps in software mode for this game during scenes you are running around dungeons and towns? I only ask because my CPU is in the high 70s low 80s percentage used when the fps is in the high 40fps.

I'm guessing the shaky appearance is due to the interlacing. there are a couple ways around this. with your video card, you should be able to run either dx11 or dx9 hardware ... if so, you can use the deinterlace option [pick the option that works the best for you for no shaking], or you can also have VP2 enable progressive mode.

to enable progressive mode, hold down the triangle and X while the game boots up, it'll give you the option for 4:3 or 16:9 progressive scan. you have to do this everytime you boot up VP2 unless you just save by save states. by doing it this way, you won't have to enable deinterlacing ... not really sure how much cpu power that uses, but anything helps I suppose.

~~~

I also took a couple screen shots of VP2 in 6x native resolution ... I just wish my pc could handle this kind of resolution at 60 fps. I suppose I'll have to settle with 4x...

http://img830.imageshack.us/img830/2413/28897617.png
http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/9117/24747053.png

also ... comparison screen shot: native vs 6x native

http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/4236/3native.png
http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/1962/36x.png
Mind if I commit a minor act of thread necromancy here for a second?

It's more of a quick question than anything, due to the fact I can't run this at anything more than just under 30fps, I have a nagging feeling it's my processor holding me back, which is a 2.5GHz quad core, although it could be my GeForce 9600 GT or 4GB of RAM running Windows 7.
Basically, is at all feasible to run it on such a system? I'm not well-versed in such matters, it'd just be nice to know if I'm pretty much just wasting my time. Tongue
(07-15-2011, 01:00 AM)Ringwraith Wrote: [ -> ]Mind if I commit a minor act of thread necromancy here for a second?

It's more of a quick question than anything, due to the fact I can't run this at anything more than just under 30fps, I have a nagging feeling it's my processor holding me back, which is a 2.5GHz quad core, although it could be my GeForce 9600 GT or 4GB of RAM running Windows 7.
Basically, is at all feasible to run it on such a system? I'm not well-versed in such matters, it'd just be nice to know if I'm pretty much just wasting my time. Tongue

Maybe ur cpu, the ram doesnt matter about the gpu i think the 9600 from nvidia is almost like my 4770 from ati, i can play vp2 with x3 upscale, in my atlhon 2 3.6Ghz and the 4770 same ram, so i would say is the cpu, maybe u wanna try changing the clamp mode to none, and put the EE and VU in 2(in the hack section).
Well, doing that managed to claw back about 3 fps (yaaaay~), so that stumbling block of CPU seems to be firmly taking hold.
You can try one of the latest SVN revision, could potentially give you another 2-3fps ...;O
(07-15-2011, 03:45 AM)miseru99 Wrote: [ -> ]You can try one of the latest SVN revision, could potentially give you another 2-3fps ...;O

A gain of 5 fps yay \o/, btw ru playing in native resolution? and what about skip draw? i think that can "help" too.
Strangely, changing the resolution, either up or down, doesn't really have an effect, and enabling the skip draw just makes it occasionally flicker for no speed gain.
I also should have the latest of everything already, as I only just updated to the new version.
(07-15-2011, 02:57 PM)Ringwraith Wrote: [ -> ]Strangely, changing the resolution, either up or down, doesn't really have an effect, and enabling the skip draw just makes it occasionally flicker for no speed gain.
I also should have the latest of everything already, as I only just updated to the new version.

The last stable or the last svn???? if u dont have or dont know about the svn here u can download the last build http://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/
Well, I can get to 50fps with the right settings, but not without the slowdown caused by those settings, and the sound seems to be a bit all over the place, distorting and lagging behind in any setup I can think of...
(which admittedly probably isn't much).
Pages: 1 2 3 4