..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Volume levels
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys just wondering about how could you go about changing the volume of the emulator. I'm trying to record the gameplay as well as my voice(Basically recording a Let's Play) and the problem is that the game volume is too loud. I'm on XP SP3 if that info does any help.

I did look at an older thread which didn't really have a solution to my problem. Help anyone?
I don't think you can do this using ZeroSPU or SPU2-X, but if you have a version of the P.E.Op.S. SPU2 plugin, you can adjust the game's volume levels in there.

I believe the .rar I just added contains all of those files if you do not have that plugin, just extract it to the /plugins folder inside your copy of PCSX2.

Oh, and keep in mind, some games might not work with this plugin.
Peops SPU2 is ancient and will cause a huge compatibility loss if used (and probably not working save states). You can do it with a newer SVN version of SPU2-X by editing the spu2-x.ini file (since this revision: http://code.google.com/p/pcsx2/source/detail?r=4619 )
You can change the volume in the inis\Lilypad.ini file (must be using Lilypad as controler plugin of course Tongue2), just find the line that says "Volume=100" and change it to "Volume=50" for example for half sound output.
huh what?? The volume can be controlled through lilypad? owh kay...will try that, thanks!