..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: PCSX2 Crashes While Playing P4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A friend of mine is having issues running Persona 4 on PCSX2. He reaches the loading screen right after the MC disembarks the train, and the entire emulator crashes; Windows gives him an error message that it's stopped working and forcibly closes it. He's tried on both V0.9.7 and V0.9.8, and both crash at the exact same point--even when using different ROMs. His PC specs, as he gave me, are as follows:

Windows: Windows 7 Home Premium Edition (64-bit) Service Pack 1 (Build 7601)
Internet Explorer: 9.0.8112.16421
Memory (RAM): 3840 MB
CPU Info: AMD Athlon™ II X4 640 Processor
CPU Speed: 2998.7 MHz
Sound Card: Speakers (Realtek High Definiti
Display Adapters: ATI Radeon HD 4200 | ATI Radeon HD 4200 | RDPDD Chained DD | RDP Encoder Mirror Driver | RDP Reflector Display Driver
Monitors: 1x; HP 2011 Series Wide LCD Monitor |
Screen Resolution: 1600 X 900 - 32 bit
Network: Network Present
Network Adapters: 802.11n Wireless LAN Card #2 | Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller
CD / DVD Drives: E: hp DVD A DH16ABLH | K: DTSOFT BDROM
Ports: NOT Present NOT Present
Mouse: 3 Button Wheel Mouse Present
Hard Disks: C: 918.5GB | D: 12.9GB | F: 931.3GB
Hard Disks - Free: C: 851.7GB | D: 1.6GB | F: 682.8GB
USB Controllers: 6 host controllers.
Firewire (1394): Not Detected
Manufacturer: American Megatrends Inc.
Product Make: p6754y
Motherboard: FOXCONN 2AB1

I'm just the messenger, guys, don't shoot me. Anyone have any suggestions/fixes?
(05-28-2011, 11:34 PM)Scelerata Wrote: [ -> ]...even when using different ROMs.

What do you mean by this? Ripped from different discs? Or ripped by diffent programs?

Make sure you rip them with Imgburn.
Quote:even when using different ROMs

I don't think so. You & your friends read the forum rules
(05-28-2011, 11:45 PM)Rezard Wrote: [ -> ]What do you mean by this? Ripped from different discs? Or ripped by diffent programs?

Make sure you rip them with Imgburn.

Actually, he's getting these ROMs from the internet, so. ROMs from different websites.

If the source of the ROM makes a difference, I can rip one from my copy of the game, but you'll have to point me in the right direction as to a program I can use to do so, as I'm not really an emu user; I'm just relaying this information on his behalf as he's a bit wary of forums, and I'd really like for him to be able to play this game.
Quote:Actually, he's getting these ROMs from the internet, so. ROMs from different websites.

Our forum does not tolerate any kind of warez talk / discussion / links and no support will be given as such.
Read our rules,specifically rule #1. Thread closed.