..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: PCSX2 for Arch Linux
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33
(02-23-2013, 05:16 PM)gregory Wrote: [ -> ]Did you try several games or only one ?

Okay, my fault, it seems that I rushed to conclusions.

I tried 3 games (Tekken 4, Tekken 5, DBZ BT3). But I wasn't too methodical about it.

Now I tried a 4rd game (Dirge of cerberus) and it seems that there is in fact a big difference when using Null (Null) mode. It runs about twice as fast.
In fact Null (Null) is performs up to 3 times better in some games.

There is no difference between OGL (Software) and Null (Software).

ZZ Ogl does not work with this game, but ZZ Ogl CG does - the screen is garbled but it performs similarly to OGL (Software).

I'm completely lost here.

---

I'll try the replay when I have the time and get back to you.
Great News!! The package 'pcsx2' (built from source, provided as binary package) is now available in Archlinux' official repositories by Alucryd (Trusted User in Archlinux). That's awesome because users won't have to build this package anymore in order to use it (which would happen in AUR) !
I created a topic for this, but I might as well just post it where it should be.

Code:
[ 14%] Building CXX object common/src/Utilities/CMakeFiles/Utilities.dir/x86/MemcpyFast.S.o
Linking CXX static library libUtilities.a
Two passes with the same argument (-alloca-hoisting) attempted to be registered!
Error running link command: Segmentation fault
make[2]: *** [common/src/Utilities/libUtilities.a] Error 1
make[1]: *** [common/src/Utilities/CMakeFiles/Utilities.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2
==> ERROR: A failure occurred in build().
    Aborting...

EDIT: Is google-sparsehash needed? I can't find it in AUR.
Hey people!! I'm using Manjaro (based in Arch)

I've been installed pcsx2 from AUR but I have a big problem since I can't run any iso file. I've been searched in google and there is nothig about my problem.
Sometimes, when I open pscx2 itself auto-close. The sofware show me a square where I can read this text:

/tmp/yaourt-tmp-chucho/aur-pcsx2-svn/src/pcsx2/common/src/Utilities/Linux/LnxHostSys.cpp(64) : assertion failed:
Function: void SysPageFaultSignalFilter(int, siginfo_t*, void*)
Thread: Unknown
Condition: false

I've been looking for this in my root, but does not exists. Does anyone can help me please? I'm a native spanish speaker, so I'm so sorry for the errors in my way to write. I really hope anyone can help me please.

Thank you in advance.
Gsdx hardware mode with AMD drivers?
Plz someone, delete this post thx
Basically, put somewhere and set it up in 'config' > 'Plugin/BIOS Selector' > 'BIOS'
More info in here: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Official-...1-0-0#Bios
Been trying to get this working for days... segfaults with the binary package, fails to compile when building from source... very annoyed and don't know how to proceed. All the info is in my thread on the Arch forums: https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=166209
Ok, going to answer in the aforementioned thread.
(07-04-2013, 07:04 PM)josephg Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, going to answer in the aforementioned thread.

I appreciate the answer, but that just fixes a rather tame bug in pcsx2's PKGBUILD, it doesn't actually help me get pcsx2 running Sad.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33