..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: An ISO question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does the frame rate increase or something improves when running a game ISO burned from a dvd than running an game ISO from the actual PC ?
some loading times decrease when you dump the iso from your DVD to your HDD and run it from HDD...
I'm not sure I understand perfectly what you said, though...
For those who dont understand my question, I ll put it basic

Whats better Iso image or Dvd burn iso when playin pcsx2?

What I don't understand is "DVD burn ISO"?
Probably making an image(ISO)and then burn it to a disk and play from it.

Everything from disk is either slower or rarely the same...with image on your hdd is never slower than from the disk.
Depends on your DVD reader. If yours is slow, ISOs are better.
From my experience (With my games I've played thus far), using the CD slows the emulator down. This is especially the case with MPEGs.
It doesn't really matter if the DVD reader is fast or not... It will always be faster as ISO simply because of how computer drives work versus game drives.

Gamesystem drives are locked at 1 (relatively low) read speed, and the drive runs at that speed constantly. This means slower consecutive reads, but much lower spinup/access times. Desktop drives are much much faster, but they won't even begin to read data until they are fully sped up (it takes much longer to speed up to 16x DVD speed versus 4x) and as soon as they acquire all the data they need right that second, they slow down a little and then have to speed back up to full speed leading to stuttering.

If you listen to your disc drive you can even hear it go through all of these steps when you load files/videos from it.
What about those speed limiting programs(Nero for example have such a program,to limit the read speed),will pc drive will still be worse if you limit the speed and make the drive(in some way)spin the disk non stop(that won't be a very good idea but I'm just curious)
ISO is better.