..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: PCSX2 configuring for low-end PCs (NOT OFFICIALLY SUPPORTED)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
(04-15-2012, 04:49 AM)CaveShinobi Wrote: [ -> ]Hey! I recently tried out installing PCSX2 0.9.8 on my laptop (Toshiba Satellite L755-1NM) with a Metal Gear Solid 3 Demo, but the framerate was averaging 10fps during gameplay.
After that, I changed the EE/IO, VU and Speedhack settings and the GSDX.ini to match the ones in the opening post. The framerate rose from 10 to 15 in codec sections and some cutscenes, got to 30 during gameplay and, during some other cutscenes, managed to stay around 40fps. The EE averaged 20% and GS 40%.

I also have this blue vertical lines cluttering up the screen. No idea what they might be. My controller seems to be weirding out on me with this demo, but I'll get around to fixing it later. Might just be the controller plugin or something (I'm using SSSPSX Pad; will try Lilypad).

Do you guys have any tips? I figured this computer should be powerful enough to at least run it at playable speeds, but I'm sort of new to this whole PS2 emulation deal, so I feel kind of lost.

PS: gotta say, listening to Snake speaking in slow-mo is kind of funny Tongue

EDIT: sorry for double post. Accidentally added new reply instead of editing previous post and I'm not finding any delete post button. I should really go sleep, it must be affecting my attention or something.
(04-15-2012, 04:49 AM)CaveShinobi Wrote: [ -> ]Hey! I recently tried out installing PCSX2 0.9.8 on my laptop (Toshiba Satellite L755-1NM) with a Metal Gear Solid 3 Demo, but the framerate was averaging 10fps during gameplay.
After that, I changed the EE/IO, VU and Speedhack settings and the GSDX.ini to match the ones in the opening post. The framerate rose from 10 to 15 in gameplay sections and, during some cutscenes, managed to stay around 40fps. The EE averaged 20% and GS 40%.

Do you guys have any tips? I figured this computer should be powerful enough to at least run it at playable speeds, but I'm sort of new to this whole PS2 emulation deal, so I feel kind of lost.

PS: gotta say, listening to Snake speaking in slow-mo is kind of funny Tongue
You laptop is quite nice+^_^+
"Processor Type: Processor Intel ® Core ™ i7 -2670QM
clock speed: 2.20 / 3.10 GHz Turbo
Front Side Bus: 1333 MHz
Level 3 cache: 6 MB "
"Graphic card type: NVIDIA ® GeForce ® GT 525m with CUDA ™ Technology
Memory: 2,048 MB dedicated VRAM. Available graphics memory can be expanded using the system memory via TurboCache ™ technology: up to 4095 MB with 8GB of system memory installed, (with operating system pre-installed 64-bit).
type: DDR3 Video RAM (resp. Video RAM and system memory combined)
Connector Bus: PCI Express ® "
I would make a new thread and ask for advice on how to get a higher FPS, be sure to post all specs (no links) version of PCSX2 your using, and any non default PCSX2 settings you are using+^_^+ It's likely Nvidia Optimus isn't recognizing PCSX2 to be used with the vid card+^_^+
(04-15-2012, 03:24 AM)Baldry Wrote: [ -> ]if i add that one my emu dont start the games .i need to set Renderer to Direct3D9(hardware) at gsdx9 .maybe its because i use DX9 (winxp) ?
Thanks for the guide
yes, that's the one thing I didn't do this time. I forgot a DX9 setup, simply use the GUI and leave renderer in the INI, the rest should work fine
@Saiki: about the last post.. I have fixed that by disabling MVu Flag hack and and used EE Cycle rate (because VU would cause choppy frame rate, with EE im just fine)

Edit: I actually used EE at 2 and VU at 1 and now works perfect! (well.. almost.. still there are some chopy framerates here and there... )
Interestingly I do not have a pcsx2.ini on my system. How can this happen?
It's probably in your my documents folder Tongue
(05-11-2012, 06:41 PM)Bositman Wrote: [ -> ]It's probably in your my documents folder Tongue

it may not be at all. I think that new SVNs do not use this file. but I have one left over from old SVNs pcsx2_vu.ini has most of the same settings inside it.
Maybe you can post your pcsx2_vu.ini?
maybe you could take the time to read what I put in the thread?
I need help because i can't find any file of pcsx2.ini or pcsx2_vu.ini
here are the screenshot [Image: PCSX2.jpg]
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10