..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Whats the highest quality/hardest setting to run?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i just finished building my computer and i have a GTX560 ti running in it and i want to max it out the best i can. Are there any games people have trouble running like its really laggy because i want to try those out. also if theres any other testing that anyone would like me to do please let me know im eager to try.
which cpu ?
(06-20-2011, 03:42 PM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]which cpu ?

intel i5 2500k @ 3.3ghz
GT4, MGS3.
Shadow of The Colossus WITHOUT speedhacks
God of War2 w/o speedhacks is a bit heavy to run.. or just run some games with 8192x8192 internal resolution.
Notice PCSX2 emulates a console which is most of times around 512 or 640x480 on screen resolution, obviously not the best benchmark for video-cards. CPU is another story, it is heavily stressed most of times... even so, the emulator is not adequate to benchmark it.

So, benchmarking PCSX2 is useful, but only for PCSX2 purposes and should never be considered a fair judge for the hardware power/quality over there.

About quality, other than not using speed hacks and trying the greater screen resolution which does not introduces glitches, excess blur or general slowness, is the best that can be achieved in the actual emulator's development stage. The power of your video-card will not help much more than a reasonable above average video-card in there... actually it could worsen things due to a known problem that arises with Intel's turbo feature/Windows Power saving ... where the CPU fails not only to get turbo as can be slowed down, because the average load is deemed low and so the bug spruces (it seems more common when EE is near 100% and GS is near 0% but not limited to this).

Still, you should not get deluded by your computer power, this is the "best" way to become lazybone and "forget" or disregard the machine's and, mainly, the game's tweaks. What many people fail to understand is the demands on hardware power grow much faster than actual visual quality return... which leads to bad experiences and frustration.
Too many variables really, resolution etc makes a difference...but pcxs2 is very cpu heavy, far more than it should be, but right now compatibility takes precedence over quality of coding and speed which is a common sense decision from the makers. In the future i think you will find the need for highly overclocked core 2 duos etc a thing of the past. Hell, Pcxs2 still doesn't adequately take full advantage of AMD processors never mind anything else, that is not a dig at pcsx2 at all since Intel own most of the market hence makes more sense to focus there...but it shows that while pcxs2 is great, in the big picture as an emulator it is still in its infancy and has much more room to expand.
(06-20-2011, 04:24 PM)avih Wrote: [ -> ]GT4, MGS3.

Those are easy mode.

OP, try suikoden 3 inside the town.
Even at 5Ghz, my 2600k crawls to 30-40fps.
(06-21-2011, 02:37 PM)Kaizen Wrote: [ -> ]Those are easy mode.

OP, try suikoden 3 inside the town.
Even at 5Ghz, my 2600k crawls to 30-40fps.

well then i guess that answers my question because i have a lower grade cpu than yours.

as for everyone else thanks for the responses the first game i plan to test out is shadow of colossus because lots of people said that was really good so i can kill 2 birds with 1 stone there.