..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: FFX with 2009 Macbook
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone, fairly new to PCSX2 Mac emulation, can't seem to run FFX smoothly on the emulator.

I only have leopard, so I downloaded the emulator package from here
http://pcsx2mac.net/downloads/

Have the bios and the game image all setup, and the game is able to run, but it's around 30-40 FPS but very choppy sound, seems pretty laggy.

I'm using ZZOgl 0.21.204 for the graphics plugin, and ZeroSPU2 0.4.6 with the portaudio package for the sound plugin, with everything else as default.

I've left everything in the sound plugin unchecked.
Graphics I've enabled the “No logariphmic Z” option.

I also can't see the arrow in the main menu for New Game or Load.
There are also no subtitles.

I've read that ZZOglPG 0.1.0 plugin fixes these things, but when I download it and open it, it doesn't show as an option for me in drop-down menu for graphics plugins in the configuration menu of the emu.

The specs of my Macbook are:
2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
2 GB 1067 MHz DDR3 ram
nVidia GeForce 9400M 256 MB GPU
Mac OS X Version 10.5.8

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

update: just tried it again, still choppy, and sadly I got the white screen of death after the first FMV
as far as I've read there's no way to fix this until the new version of the pcsx2 for mac is up. I'm just using it on windows with bootcamp, though sometimes it freezes if I play too much (like 1 hour +) but nothing unavoidable like that crash you get everytime on the first minutes of gameplay