..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Strong computer, but pcsx2 works slow!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
(06-27-2011, 10:22 AM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]Gow 1 & 2 are very demanding, and your CPU may be a bit weak.
Try setting vu cycle stealing to moderate, it may help

GOW isn't that demanding GOW 2 a litile bit
neither GOW nor GOW 2 going to run at full speed with that ancient CPU Wink
I dont get it, a Playstation 2 console is old technology...

Should an i7 processor kill this emulator with no problem?
(09-23-2011, 02:48 PM)nadizo Wrote: [ -> ]I dont get it, a Playstation 2 console is old technology...

Should an i7 processor kill this emulator with no problem?

Not necessarily at all. There's a huge difference between comparing old pc games to new pc games then comparing new pc technology to old console technology.
The easiest way to explain it is you have either an ATI or a GeForce gpu. And either an AMD or an Intel cpu. The problem is the PS2 was completely custom made from the ground up and carries none of these pairs of technologies. You can think of it as a language you speak. Consoles speak a completely different language software and hardware wise than pcs. Hope this helps.
lol computer already surpass that technology very long time ago it just that we don't have genius people nowsdays due to worldwide corruption

one example ps3 is already small super computer our currently pc technology already reach there but depend on pc system hardware and software

another example no matter how good your computer is. software lousy make entire computer lousy(example window xp transition to window vista ton of complaints like very slow load worse than window xp load )

window most stable is window xp(very fast load)
worse unstable window vista(very slow)
least stable window 7(slow)
What in the world..are you going on about lol.
he means that "bad" complex emulator make your PC power useless
hell321: Are you implying that we are a team of lazy programmers and its all our fault that ps2 emulation is slow? Seriously?

You need to rethink your attitude young man, get some facts before you start throwing accusations about.

oh and FYI, windows 7 is as fast as xp if not faster.
(09-23-2011, 04:09 PM)refraction Wrote: [ -> ]oh and FYI, windows 7 is as fast as xp if not faster.

we all know this isn't true Wink

because of all the crap Microsoft stuffed within 7 it boot very slowly ( unlike 8 )

and

XP use ~like 100MB of Ram at stand by 7 like 1gb

pfft, boot times. Tongue
boot times != processing speed.

windows 8 is a horrible dissection of windows 7 designed for tablets that they are trying to push on PC users, i do not consider this a real operating system for current times.

as far as gaming/pcsx2 goes, windows 7 IS the same speed as XP, if not faster. I couldnt give a monkies about windows 8 or vista Tongue
Pages: 1 2 3 4