..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: FFX-2 question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
well, i bought this FFX-2 game that i just wanted to play for years... (well i want to play it after i finish FFX) and since im not done with FFX yet, i only had a few hours playing the game just for testing it and found out about these problems.

1. first this flickering screen
as the CG cutscenes start, the screen will be flickering and its so annoying.

solution: well, doing the same thing as what i did with ffx, pressing f9 solves the problem... Laugh

2. well i solved the flickering, but the scenes is just too slow, like when yuna is singing Real Emotions.. shes like singing it in acoustic Laugh, i mean its just too slow and it annoys me more, tried everything from speedhacks to plugin configurations and nothins fixes it, it just makes it worst!!!! does anyone have a solution for this? (those who finished the game or have progressed far.)

also, ive search about this and found no solution, so if theres no solution, does this slowmo problem happen to all other cutscenes or on the first one only, coz if does not happen to other cutscenes, then i would b happy enough to play the game.

another thing, just to inform, the gameplay from normal gameplay to battle scenes and there transformations as well works well for me without speedhacks on. so the gameplay isnt a problem for me at all.. Laugh only the CG cutscenes are the problem for me so far.

PC specs? PCSX2 settings? Plugin settings?

You're probably getting that problem because you're not getting full speed in the FMVs, in that case you'd have to either get a CPU powerful enough to play them full speed or watch them in other place like youtube or something (it's a total of 11 FMVs in the game).
ouch, that hurts my budget if i really need to upgrade. but i thought my pc is fast enough, because it can run gow, dmc3, ffx, sotc, and ico smoothly, does that mean ffx-2 need a much powerful cpu?

also, will those 11 fmv run at the same speed like the first 1? i read at my searches that only the first 1 is the one that runs so slow. i just wanted anyone to confirm if this is true. i hope its true.
All FMVs are about the same speed.
I recommend you not play Final Fantasy X-2, especially if you have completed Final Fantasy X. It is the worst game ever and will sure disappoint you about Yuna. I regret that I played that game.
I liked FFX-2 actually, replayed that one a couple times (of course trying to get a 100% save helped with that Tongue2). FFXII on the other hand I didn't bother to finish in the PS2 and postponed it to play it in PCSX2 (better grpahics was an excuse), and in PCSX2 I tried again and failed to get interested in it Tongue2
so you mean ffx2 and ff12 aren't good games at all? i wanted to play them coz ive always been a fan of final fantasy game and for the series starting from 7 to 12, these 2 are the one's i havent played yet. and about being not good, do you mean the storyline? i dont care about the gameplay as long as the storylines are great.
I didn't like FFX-2. The story mainly revolved around trying to find Tidus - but almost all you did was side quests. And if you didn't do all of the side quests, you would miss items you couldn't go back and get (like "classes" for the characters). It was like a mediocre single player MMO.

As for FF12...

I ordered it, and it actually arrived in state on Wednesday... But for some reason, it hasn't been delivered to my house yet. :/, hopefully it comes tomorrow. I want to play it - although I've also heard things about it being good and bad (such as some playable characters having no effect on the storyline).
In FF 12, once ya get used to the new battle system, it's a lot of fun to play. XD
It's one of my all time favorite Final Fantasy Games; right up there with
~ The one where you go to the moon (FF 2 USA)
~ The one with the Espers (FF 3 USA)
~ The one with Aeris (FF 7)
(07-05-2011, 01:54 AM)MyDreamName Wrote: [ -> ]I didn't like FFX-2. The story mainly revolved around trying to find Tidus - but almost all you did was side quests.

I actually liked it cause it was mostly missions and the battles were better (except for the special transformation/whatever thing) and you got to meet all those characters from the old game.

From FFXII the only char I liked was Penelo and she was doomed to be just a background char depending on whether or not Vaan was around (having "Vaan's friend" as character description is just...) and it's not like Vaan was much of a character either he's more of a supporting "main" character... at least the other characers were more actual characters... I wonder why those 2 were even necessary for that game ><
Pages: 1 2 3