..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Horrible sound bug
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
While playing a FFX Rom, I notice the music sometimes lags behind and, more annoyingly, all the background noises such as water and wind have a horrible metallic after-sound.
The voice acting is fine.

I stuck Summoner 2 in and I had the same problem.

Any help on this would be appreciated!
well...the metallic sound indicates that your cpu maybe is too slow (i only had that at the attack "Inferno" of Ifrit)...but go to the SPU2 plugin and choose the option where the sound quality is lower or turn on the mode that the sound doesn´t wait for the graphics plugin...
would be nice if you post you cpu / gpu / ram and the percentages and fps if possible...
update to v2.0 of SPU-X here http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-SPU2-X-2-0?page={page}
put it in the plugins folder then chose it with bios / plugins selector
(07-17-2011, 09:14 PM)TheNewGuy Wrote: [ -> ]well...the metallic sound indicates that your cpu maybe is too slow (i only had that at the attack "Inferno" of Ifrit)...but go to the SPU2 plugin and choose the option where the sound quality is lower or turn on the mode that the sound doesn´t wait for the graphics plugin...
would be nice if you post you cpu / gpu / ram and the percentages and fps if possible...

GPU : ATI Radeon HD 3870
CPU : Intel Core 2 Quad
RAM : 4GB
EE : 100%
GS : Roughly 20%, jumps up and down
FPS : Usually sitting around 50

I tried what you suggested and it didn't work unfortunately, nor did installing the latest version of SPU2-X

(07-18-2011, 12:15 AM)Ansum Wrote: [ -> ]GPU : ATI Radeon HD 3870
CPU : Intel Core 2 Quad
RAM : 4GB
EE : 100%
GS : Roughly 20%, jumps up and down
FPS : Usually sitting around 50

I tried what you suggested and it didn't work unfortunately, nor did installing the latest version of SPU2-X
well ee at 100% is bad, ur cpu is the bad guy here, can u tell us the speed?

ps still this is weird ffx is one of the more "easy" games to emulate @_@
(07-18-2011, 12:19 AM)ecchiless Wrote: [ -> ]well ee at 100% is bad, ur cpu is the bad guy here, can u tell us the speed?

ps still this is weird ffx is one of the more "easy" games to emulate @_@

It's strange, I don't lag graphics-wise and the cutscenes audio is fine! Stupid background noises...

It's 2.40GHz
First we need to be on the same page here:
Do you get full speed when you notice the bad sound?
Full speed would be 60FPS for a NTSC copy, 50FPS for a PAL one.