..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Okay, so I really need some help...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Alright, so I'm looking to play the Kingdom Hearts series on PCXS2, and I want to know the best way to get close to full speed if possible. I might also record using Fraps to do LPs.

HP Pavilion DV7:

AMD Phenom™ II P960 X4 @ 1.70GHz
Ram - 6.0 GB(5.74 GB usable)
Windows 7 Home Premium (64 bit)
1GB ATI Mobility Radeon 5650
IDT High Definition Audio CODEC

I don't know what settings to use or anything..btw I'm using the USA 0.6 or whatever...

just a copy and paste of the PCXS2 console at boot

Operating System = Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Edition Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 64-bit
Physical RAM = 5882 MB
CPU name = AMD Phenom™ II P940 Quad-Core Processor
Vendor/Model = AuthenticAMD (stepping 03)
CPU speed = 1.694 ghz (4 logical threads)
x86PType = Standard OEM
x86Flags = 178bfbff 00802009
x86EFlags = efd3fbff

Help would be GREATLY appreciated. BTW I can run the game, it just drops to around 34fps in actual gameplay of KH2 and about the same in the opening cutscene.
Ouch. Sorry, but your CPU is simply too slooooooooow, nothing really will help you gain full fps or even close.
Oh, aha thanks anyway Sad I thought of trying to use all 4 processors with it, but didnt really help. Can't overclock because it's a laptop, and there isnt a DX10 only DX11 thingy. Ughhh ;(
UPDATE! okay so I changed a few settings and now I'm getting around 54fps on average.
Yeah, use those Speedhacks.

Also, DX11 can work the same as DX10. So don't worry about not seeing DX10. Wink