..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: FF12 Slowdown help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey I was wondering if someone can help me out. I'm trying to get FF12 to work at a fast speed consistently but lately (20 minutes into the game) it got slow and it runs around 40-50 FPS now and sometimes even 35-40 for a few seconds, but I want to keep it running at 60. Also note that cutscene's work perfectly fine it's just walking in towns etc. that slows down. Anyone know how to fix this It might be something in my [Plugin Bios Selector Settings] not sure. Below are all my specs I'm using etc. if someone could take a look thanks.

Emulator:
PCSX2 0.9.8 with ALL DEFAULT SETTINGS ( I didn't change anything except the gamepad)

Image of Emulator Settings:
[Image: 167lfg6.png]

Laptop Specs:
Intel i7 Processor Quad Core 740 @ 1.73 GHZ (turbo mode runs 2.3 GHZ)
NVidia GeForce GT 435M
RAM 8GB
Windows 7 OS

you should use some speedhacks, but your CPU is a bit slow for pcsx2. I doubt you will reach a constent 60 FPS throughout the whole game.
Firstly, you should set the GS plugin to the SSE4.1 version, and set GSdx to Direct3D11 (Hardware). Your hardware does support this, and it often does help.

Your CPU is fairly slow (should hit 2.53Ghz with Turbo), so You'll need to apply some Speedhacks. Try the Preset option on the bottom of the Emulation Settings, if you are unfamiliar with using them.
Hmm thanks for the help It runs at around 50-60fps now with the hardware change

I'm not using speedhacks it seem's to slow it down
Well, that does happen with some games. Certain hacks will actually hurt ceratin games.

The Preset does do a pretty good job, but won't be perfect for every single game. Maybe try applying hacks manually, that way you could avoid that which is counter productive for this game. With a little trial and error, and you should bee able to tell which hack(s) not to use.

I'll suggest an approach.
Start by enabling hacks manually, then checking the one's labeled [Recommended]. After that, check and see that the game is still fine, and none of those are hurting (hopfully, they'll be helping a bit). Then, it's time to use the EE Cyclerate and VU Cycle Stealing sliders. You actually may want to test them one at a time, but also could get away with using both on some games. Just be sure and pace yourself as you apply more and more, while you keep checking the gameplay to see if what you just changed did in fact help, or was something causing issue.

Hope this helps. Smile