..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: game runs in slow motion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
'@Iv just downloaded pcsx2 and im trying to play timespliters 2 but, when i get past the first loading screen my fps drops to 20-30 when beofre its running at 80- 100+. Im currently running on my alienware m11x laptop and i have no problems running brand new games for the pc on it so i thought i wouldnt have a problem with this.

I should mention now i am a complete noob when it comes to computer specs and i really only how to put in a game and play it, so please go easy on me if this question is super stupid.

My laptop specs are:
windows 7
intel i5 processor CPU U 520 @ 1.07 GHz (4 CPU'S) ~ 1.1GHz
4 GB of RAM
HD intel graphics card 2277 MB total memory

Thasts i can find if you need more info please ask, id love to get this running soon.

Thanks
1.07 GHz ????

Are you sure ?

If it is so, your laptop is much too weak to run any game under pcsx2
yeah i thought that was really slow as well, but thats wat it says, i dont know how im able to run games like starcraft 2 on the highest specs with no problems but this isnt worki
(07-25-2011, 02:15 PM)acedannyace Wrote: [ -> ]yeah i thought that was really slow as well, but thats wat it says, i dont know how im able to run games like starcraft 2 on the highest specs with no problems but this isnt worki

cause pc games are specially optimized and made by graphics and graphics cards but pcsx2 needs raw cpu power (2x @ 3.2GHz are recommended) to emulate the ps2's core functions.
What? You can run StarCraft II on highest settings with an Intel HD? My HD 545v runs that game on low-medium settings at 40 FPS, and the GPU usage constantly hits 100%. A mid-range GFX card such as HD 5650 can only runs that game at high (not ultra) settings. You must have a dedicated video card (the Alienware uses to have one).

I have never used an Alienware before because of the price but obviously the CPU clock speed is too low for PCSX2. I don't know why Dell has a fondness of building the Alienware 11x and 13x with an i5/i7 UM ~1Ghz and a high end graphics card. It is really funny.
it can reach nearly 2Ghz with turbo though.
which is still slow
Turbo boost cant be trusted and windows will share the load which lead to it not working