..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Official thank you thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys,

Thanks for creating this. I love how much further advanced this is than every other emulator I've ever seen. I really believe because this is modular people have been able to pick up and just run with it.

I'm shockingly impressed with how amazing it has run almost every game. I can't thank you enough for making all the "old" games of mine so high def. I finished both FFX and Star Ocean 3. I'm thinking about a foray into dragon quest next Smile

I've already spent over 400 hours playing games using different beta's and I'm amazed with each release. Over and over you shock and startle me with how much better you can make something that's already so good.
Big thanks from Germany!

After testing pcsx2 i finally bought me a playstation 2 (ebay, damn cheap, 40€) and i can play all these ps2-exclusive games i always wanted to play.

And thanks to you guys i can play most of them in high-def now, that's so freakin' awesome, you guys rock Blink Cool
I love PCSX2, it's made what I thought impossible completely possible and an every day occurrence.

Pentium 4 + FFX = Love. (or overheating and explosions)

As my way of saying thanks, I've made (or rather, edited) some pictures.

[attachment=24990]

[attachment=24991]

[attachment=24992]

[attachment=24993]

[attachment=24994]
Thanks for the constant updates & development. With the newest SVNs and 0.97 beta, the emu really can run pretty much anything accurately, and fast. Just yesterday I finished the campaign mode in Crash Nitro Kart, and the game runs at full speed on my mid-spec laptop with speedhacks. I'm also midway through Jak 3 and nearing the end on Ratchet & Clank 3, my fav. games on the PS2.

Contrary to public belief, PCSX2 *doesn't* require a monster of a PC to run, if you know what you're doing. By spending a while studying which speedhacks work, for instance, you can increase your emu speed considerably with no drawbacks at all. Jak 3 works with all speedhacks enabled for instance with no bugs to speak of.

It's really a wonder to see all these games in HD graphics (and sound! 5.1 surround and reverb enhancements are very nice), so thanks again for that. I hope that someday you can add mip-mapping to Gsdx so games like RC3 and Jak 3 would really shine. They look playable enough even now, and they fortunately have some parts which don't suffer from the lack of mip maps at all. Smile
Thanks to the all the dev's that have contributed to the pcsx2 project.

My 1st ps2, after I beat ffx, I sold the ps2+ffx for $40, when they were still going for over $200-300.
The next year I got xenosaga1 christmas and had to borrow the ps2 back for 1 weekend to play and beat it (actually had to go over a buddies house to play the very last bit of it).

Lol, that weekend was something else, the game was hard to me at the time.
I didn't know you could buy armor and such lmao until I beat the game.

My brother has a slim ps2.
I also had a slim ps2 given to me as a rent payment.
Which I traded off in hopes I would get a pc I was selling back (lack of payment, only got $20 out of the pc when I asked for $200).
Well that didn't go over to well so I told them to f off and keep the ps2 as well :\.

I still got my brother's ps2 if I wanted to use it, but the real thing is just not that entertaining to me.

Ever since I played xenosaga I've been wanting to hack it.
Plus the higher res modes with the emu...
But there are no real tools on the ps2 for doing so (decrypting and encrypting codes to spam the game looking for stuff is just a waste of time).

With my new pc setup, pcsx2 and some mem hacking tools I'm finally able to hack the game to my hearts content.
Which really makes me happy.

That and I was able to beat xenosaga2 on the emu, I only got to play a couple hours of it on the real ps2 a few years ago.
And now I'm playing xenosaga3 which I never got to play at all on the real ps2.

I'm now trying to get as many ps2 games as possible Laugh.
I wanna check out the gta liberty and vice city stories which never came out on the pc.
Thank you for all the great work on this awesome emulator. This thing has brought a whole bunch of new great games to PC! Wink

Keep up the awesome work! I am really looking forward to the next release.
Off topic, To JTD, I loved those pictures but that second: "You shall not pass" got me loling round and around Laugh

And yes, PCSX2 is really a wonderful and complex piece of software which tells much about it's developer's skills. I'm very grateful to you all, always and ever, for the bug's despair moments and the happiness from their demise, for the neverending quest to find ways to squeeze the least juice the machine can be hiding, the creative ways to make things... For everything indeed.
Thanks for giving me opportunity to play my old PS2 games! (my PS2 is crashed Sad
Thanks for giving me a opportunity of a lifetime to play my games on the go. It truly lets people know that there are kind hearted people that provide simple but fun things like this for the entertainment of others.