..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Official thank you thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(02-10-2014, 07:25 PM)Mkilbride Wrote: [ -> ]Holy crap.

You can play XenoSaga without muchj slowdown on a rig like that?

This really MUST be alot faster.

YOu used to need 2GB of VRAM and a 4.0GHZ+ Processor just to not get slow downs "Most of the time", let alone full speed 100% of the time.

im talking about game play, plenty of cut-scenes still giving hell but soo much better +^_^+ the "Good morning KOS-MOS" scene is actually watchable now at about 45 fps+^_^+ also, EP-3 opening, where Kevin leaves Michtam in the escape pod seems so far to be the only scene with significant slowdown so far, game-play is smooth for all 3 games so far+^_^+ I'm just soo impressed so far, so much better then a year ago+^_^+
Ohh. Still, that's better. I was thinking lower end computers finally could play it.

Yeah, I mean, even on my rig I get slowdowns on some PRE-RENDERED videos...it's weird I know. They play half-speed and these are FMVs. It's odd. Most of the time I get full FPS though. Infact...

One of my favorite things to do is, because I hate Random battle systems(Used to love, now that I am older, I hate.)

Is to unlock the FPS and run @ 120FPS for running through an area. Makes grinding ALOT faster. Think about it. Say you needed to go through this area, it was 1 hour, 15 minutes long. Use 120FPS...you make it through the area in half that time. It's great. It cuts down on the grind of these grind-heavy older RPGS. It's strange, I used to love grind-heavy RPGS as a kid, but as an adult, I get headaches. Odd how that changes.
(02-11-2014, 09:36 PM)Mkilbride Wrote: [ -> ]Is to unlock the FPS and run @ 120FPS for running through an area. Makes grinding ALOT faster.

Hahah, I totally do the same thing on emulators Biggrin
Very useful for jrpgs :3
Thanks alot for creating such an awesome program, i have always been a fan of the Playstation 2 as i still have my original old school fat model and tons of games, this is greatly appreciated and i hope you guys continue to update, i have one question tho, you guys are only on 1.2 so how is some guy on youtube saying he has 1.3? should i trust and download or just get 1.2 from here?
(02-14-2014, 01:32 AM)Gamesmaster Wrote: [ -> ]i have one question tho, you guys are only on 1.2 so how is some guy on youtube saying he has 1.3? should i trust and download or just get 1.2 from here?
SVN builds are called 1.3
You can download the latest one form here: http://pcsx2.net/download/development/svn.html
Oh ok didnt know about those, thanks for the heads up.
Thanks for the emulator i can finally play Killer 7, after my PS2 give up to live.
Recently there have been a number of 'LOL PCSX2 is teh suck!' threads, should we have a sticky for them so all those ungrateful mugs can vent?
(02-20-2014, 04:14 PM)Oemenia Wrote: [ -> ]Recently there have been a number of 'LOL PCSX2 is teh suck!' threads, should we have a sticky for them so all those ungrateful mugs can vent?

Why would we want them to do that?
I'll drop by and say thanks, because this emulator has become extremely impressive in time with the hardware that's coming around here. I have a Surface Pro 2, and for a majority of the games I play the Intel 4400 handles them wonderfully, which is a surprise to me because I thought integrated graphics always sucked. This little thing is a powerhouse (runs PC games great too!), and PCSX2 is absolutely flawless. I love everyone who has worked on this emu. You guys are great.