..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Official thank you thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i usually wait a few months at a time (partly cause i can be lazy about updating emulators i use and partly so development would have some time to progress) before grabbing the newest copy of pcsx2 which i got just the other day and its working better than ever.

even on my dell inspiron 1545 laptop with the following specs:

Pentium® Dual-Core T4400 @ 2.20GHz 2.20GHz
4GB ram
windows 7

i can play games like .hack without too much difficulty. in fact, the sluggishness has improved from moderate to heavy sluggishness down to light to moderate sluggishness since i last updated the emulator. Smile even the large attacks from the phase boss fights in those games don't slow down that much anymore.

pretty good if it can run that good on a...2? year old laptop, right? (especially considering its impossible to do hardware upgrades on a laptop as you would a desktop -_- but whatever)
I am a fan of Romance of Three Kingdoms series and I've been trying to play ROTK 7-10, which is Chinese/Japanese in PC version.

Thanks to PCSX2, I can play these games in PS2 English version, but with blurry texts :-(((

After searching this forum, I discover that these games can be played without blurry texts with PCSX2 version 0.9.9, 5336 version.

My computer:
===========
Pentium i3-2120 x4 CPU 3.3GHz
4GB RAM
Nvidia GeForce 7300GT

My video plugin configuration:
==================
DirectX3D9 hardware
Interlacing auto
PS resolution Native
Texture filtering: square, not ticked, not blank
Logarithmic Z ticked
Alpha correction ticked
Enable HW hacks ticked (inside option all blank)

My speedhacks options
===============
EEcyclerate: 3 (max)
VU cycle stealing: 1
INTC spin detection ticked
Wait loop detection ticked.
mVU flag hack ticked
MTVU multithreaded tVU ticked

My FPS mostly 57-59 (extremely smooth).

Thank you all for your efforts in creating such wonderful emulator and great support in this forum.
First and foremost pardon my bad English.

Thanks to all the developers/testers and anyone involved on the development of this emulator. It's awesome and every release it gets better.
thanks for making a decent ps2 emulator.
Thank you. Biggrin
Just chipping in, thank you all for your hard work and allowing us to play our beloved ps2 games even when our consoles start rebelling and not working!
Hey thanks guys for all the hard work you do making this and providing it for free. I know alot of time and hard work goes into this project. Its been a real life save since the optics are shot in my ps2 and my bc ps3 also crapped out. Also i want to thank thank the Devs who work on the Mac ports i know there are a few of ya and cant wait for your newest release that plays well with OS X 10.10 so i can once again get rid of windows
I want to say thanks, because of this emulator, I can play again all my games since my ps2 is long time broken. And I can use the cheat codes which is sometimes kinda fun and helpful!
Been using PCSX2 for years now and I firmly believe it is the most stable, accurate emulator I have ever used. I leverage Dolhin, Project64, DesMuMe, etc and PCSX2 is by far the best in terms of sheer working and playability.

A Big thanks to the dev team!
+Karma to PCSX2 Family!!!