..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Random framerate speed up help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been playing Final Fantasy 12 without a hitch on the Direct3D10 Software until earlier today, when for what seemed like absolutely no reason, the framerate effectively doubled, sticking between 90 and 120 fps. I did not change any of the settings, I just paused the game while browsing the internet for a bit, and when I returned, everything was sped up until I restarted the emulator. I was just wondering if anybody knows what might have caused this, and how I can prevent/fix it in the future.
Did you accidentally enter turbo mode by hitting the Tab button when you didn't mean to?
(08-05-2011, 07:01 AM)yaysuperduper Wrote: [ -> ]Did you accidentally enter turbo mode by hitting the Tab button when you didn't mean to?

Oh, I see, PCSX2 must have registered a tab I used somewhere else. Thanks! So what exactly does turbo mode do?
it turbo ur framerates...
by skipping some
Nope it doesn't "skip" frames. Turbo mode just set the framelimiter to what you set under turbo mode;](can be changed easily in config>emulation settings>GS>turbo adjust) By default it's 200% soo in NTSC games framelimiter goes from standard 60fps to 120fps. Frame skipping CAN be added to it, but it causes glitches and generally is not recommended.
There is also a "slow motion mode" when you press shift+tab by default 50% of normal speed.

Those two settings are usefull to go fast through boring moments changing slowed down(bad ports) PAL games to 60fps(by setting 120% as turbo) or even for cheating in moments you need precision which is much easier in slow motion.
sry sry sry...
i mixed them up xD