..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Using x11
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I decided to restart from the beginning of this whole procedure. I wasn't satisfied with the quality of my graphics and the speed at which I was playing the games (that I could play which was, if I was being honest with myself, a whopping one).

I downloaded the whole thing and now I have a few questions: Do I have to download xquartz? My macbook (and I'll give the specs of it at the end of this post) came with X11 installed. I don't want to redownload the program if I have it and especially if it is at its most updated version. Is there anyway for me to get pcsx2 to run with my current x11 or will it only run with the xquartz from the package download?

Comp Specs:

Processor 2 GHz Intel Core i7
Memory 8 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
Graphics AMD Radeon HD 6490M 256 MB
Software Mac OS X Lion 10.7
Yes, I believe XQuartz is required to run PCSX2. My mac came with X11 as well. XQuartz is installed in the utilities folder and opens as X11 (not sure why) but it has stuff that X11 doesn't have (sorry, don't know much more than that) and allows PCSX2 to run.

I was worried that it might do something weird to my computer when I downloaded it but all is fine.

Some games don't run at full speed yet either. Does your BIOS (no disc) run at full speed? This would be a good gauge to see if you can run at full speed since the BIOS should.

Also, I have noticed a significant increase in speed in Mac OS X Lion when I turn my dock hiding on. It goes from a 20-25 FPS up to a 45-60 FPS. This might work for you.
Yeah, I figured out the answer to my questions about 10 min after I posted. I was actually just about to post that now I have a wholly other problem.

So I have everything installed and ready to go. Yet when I try to play a game, this mess shows up:
Plugins initialized successfully.
detected blocksize = 2048
isoOpen: /Users/amathieu13/Desktop/Games/FFX.ISO ok
offset = 0
blockofs = 24
blocksize = 2048
blocks = 2201280
type = 2
* CDVD Disk Open: DVD, Single layer or unknown:
* * Track 1: Data (Mode 1) (2201280 sectors)
Bios Version 1.60
Bios Warning > rom2 not found.
Bios Warning > erom not found.
Framelimiter rate updated (UpdateVSyncRate): 59.94 fps
Opening Plugins...
Notice: GS Plugin does not implement GSsetFrameLimit.
Opening GS...
MTGS > Thread Started, Opening GS Plugin...
ZZogl-PG: Calling GSopen.
ZZogl-PG: Creating ZZOgl window.
ZZogl-PG: Got Doublebuffered Visual!
ZZogl-PG: glX-Version 1.2
Xlib: extension "XFree86-VidModeExtension" missing on display "/tmp/launch-ulNFnM/org.macosforge.xquartz:0".
ZZogl-PG: Depth 24
ZZogl-PG: You have Direct Rendering!
ZZogl-PG: Using multitexturing.
ZZogl-PG: Maximum texture size is 16384 for Tex_2d and 16384 for Tex_NV.
ZZogl-PG: Disabling MRT depth writing.
ZZogl-PG: You've manually enabled these hacks:
ZZogl-PG: 'Auto reset' hack enabled.
ZZogl-PG: 'No target resolve' hack enabled.
ZZogl-PG: Exact color hack enabled.
ZZogl-PG: Shader file version is outdated! Only log-Z is possible.
ZZogl-PG: Initialization successful.
MTGS > GSopen Finished, return code: 0x0
Opening PAD1...
Opening PAD2...
Launching PeopsSPU2_SDL.
Opening SPU2...
Opening DEV9...
Opening USB...
Opening FW...
Plugins opened successfully.
loadElfCRC: cdrom0:\SLUS_203.12;1
loadElfFile: 4615960 bytes
loadElfFile: cdrom0:\SLUS_203.12;1; CRC = BB3D833A
XML Loader returned an error. Trying to load a pnach...
gametitle: Final Fantasy X [SLUS 20312] (U)
comment:
patchnumber: 0
ZZogl-PG: Disabling MRT depth writing.
ZZogl-PG: Current game CRC is bb3d833a.
ZZogl-PG: You've manually enabled these hacks:
ZZogl-PG: 'Auto reset' hack enabled.
ZZogl-PG: 'No target resolve' hack enabled.
ZZogl-PG: Exact color hack enabled.
Issuing EE/iR5900-32 Recompiler Reset [mem/structure cleanup]
vtlb/mmap: Block Tracking reset...
iR3000A Resetting recompiler memory and structures
* PCSX2 *: ExecuteBios
pcsx2.sh: line 2: 6717 Segmentation fault: 11 ./pcsx2

I have NO IDEA what is going on, though I would definitely like to figure it out
Quote:Bios Warning > rom2 not found.
Bios Warning > erom not found...

* PCSX2 *: ExecuteBios
pcsx2.sh: line 2: 6717 Segmentation fault: 11 ./pcsx2

Looks to me like your BIOS is probably corrupt or bad. FYI, Don't ask me where to get a BIOS online, it's illegal and prohibited to talk about on this forum.

Also, to help with possible graphics problems you should make sure you get the latest graphics plugin ZZogl PG 0.1.0, which from the log it looks like you already have, and enable the "no logarithmic Z" hack from the graphics menu.
wasn't going to ask. I've read enough and watched enough videos to know that tidbit.

and thanks for the advice. I'll try it out!

One last thing (I seem to have many problems), when I go to my sound to congiure it, I only get this box:[Image: ScreenShot2011-08-05at112823PM.png]

From using pcsx2 before, I know that there should be more there for the sound, asking me to mute etc. Do you know what's up with this? Is my sound plug in corrupted?
The link is broken to the pic.

I have had instances in which the PCSX2 game screen has gone completely blank no matter what I do and the only fix is to drag PCSX2.app to the trash and reinstall it (you can copy the memcards from your old PCSX2 to the new one) and get all of the plugins reconfigured. If you have any problems with the actual interface, I could only suggest this fix.
Oops, I see it now.

Switch your plugin to ZeroSPU2 Playground 0.4.6, it is a more recent plugin. I believe it comes installed on the latest PCSX2. Uncheck all of the boxes (even the recommended ones) for the best results, that works best for me.
I did what you said and it helped my sound issue. the normal box is back.

however, even after getting rid of the old bios folder I still encounter a problem. I try to load a game up but instead of the pcsx2 window changing, the x11 window changes and gives me this little gem of coding:

Can't open libZeroGSoglr.0.19.195.so: dlopen(plugins/libZeroGSoglr.0.19.195.so, 2): Library not loaded: /usr/local/lib/libGLEW.1.5.0.dylib
Referenced from: /Applications/pcsx2.app/Contents/Resources/pcsx2/plugins/libZeroGSoglr.0.19.195.so
Reason: image not found

I get that this means that one of my plugins won't open and I think it is my graphics plugin. However, I have Cg-3.0, the latest on the nvidia site that was released in 2/2011. I don't know exactly what to do. Should I downgrade and download an older version?
I have CG 2.0, that works for me. You might want to try that.
No go, though thanks for the help!

I'll post this in a different thread and see if anyone else has anything to offer