..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Suikoden 3 problem with casting some runes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
hello everyone. currently, i'm playing suikoden 3 using pcsx2 0.9.8 (r4600) running perfectly fine (not really :<) i got around 105~120+ fps in turbo mode almost everytime. normal mode slowdowns around 58~60 only.

so okay here's the problem :

i first encounter this problem while using 'borus' sword rune skill ( something like lightning or whatsoever ) for those who are familiar with suikoden gameplay/casting runes, the rune icon will show up above your character head. then it'll cast the spell/rune right away. but on my part, it just end up showing the rune icon above the head and it'll stuck there ( not freeze, it continuous to cast or something like 'infinite loop' lol. ) but it didn't actually finish casting the rune itself. i tried to change everyting like using speedhacks, etc. ( i saved my real settings tru screenshot, then tried to fix/change something up on my settings to find a solution to my problem but to no avail. ) actually it didn't hurt me at first since i'm not using that sword rune of borus in the first place. "BUT"..... right now i'm on chapter 4 probably fighting sarah and her baboon summons.. i tried to use pale gate lvl 1 and voila! it just stucks there casting and the camera view revolving around viki... Sad

does anyone experienced this kind of problem before?
i'll provide a screenshot about the problem since "i'm not good in explaining such things specially in english" (atleast i tried my best to explain Tongue2)

my specs :

AMD phenom ii x4 840 3.2ghz ~3.52ghz
asus m4a78lt-m Lx mobo
3gb ram
Nvidia GeForce 8500gt 512mb
320gb hdd
directx up-to-date
Win7 32-bit
drivers up-to-date
weekly defrag + optimized etc. etc. etc.

btw i tried to search about this problem ( in google and here) but ended up nothing. so as for my last resort, i'm here trying to ask genius people if they know about something regarding my problem.

settings :
[Image: dy3xo9.jpg]

Viki casting Pale/Blue Gate - Open Gate

[Image: 2v93pf6.jpg]
[Image: o73hci.jpg]

it just revolves/moves around ( the camera view ) and won't cast the spell at all.

if anyone experienced this and knows the solution, please..please kindly help me as i don't know any solution for this. i tried, but i lack the ability to figure out the reason of this problem. and i'm really sorry if i did a wrong setup/format since this is my first time asking help from pcsx2 forums. Sad

thanks in advance.. as for now i'll just play xenosaga

EDIT : most of the runes are fine. including the true runes.
Try setting different clamping and rounding modes. Clamping set to "none" as you have is generally bad idea most of the time and can cause such glitches. Non-recommended speedhacks can cause similar stuff too, soo if clamping modes doesn't help, turn off that EE cyclerate(which could easily make such "problem") or even all speedhacks if nothing else helps.
If your Viki is glitched, use small Viki or Estella for Pale Gate, or if the Pale Gate is glitched, use Mel with Thunder instead. If you can't use runes, use Emily and Juan to own the game without runes. If you REALLY need Viki with that cheap sudden death open gate, read on....

I recently just completed Suikoden 3 and didnt notice this glitch. However I never used the sword runes because I think those are useless. The only glitch I had is the game got stuck on Iksay village raid on Chris story which I fix by even making my speedhack more aggressive (max VU cycle stealing).

Anyway for Suikoden 3 I'm using aggressive settings, nearest round modes and "none" for clamping, max EE cycle rate, mild VU stealing, and all other hack ticked. Only glitch I notice is slight graphical glitch (which is actually kinda cool) at Chisha which is fixable by changing clamp mode but doing so will slow the game alot. Turbo mode is fast(over 100 fps) and helps, however normal mode is choppy 60 fps because of the VU cycle steal, however without it the gameplay is too slow. Also by using superVU as compilers add around 2-5 fps for this game and most other games.

Oh and if it matters, Gsdx 4793 sse41 is 3x native, texture filter, dx11 hardware, spu2-x 4780 is linear, xaudio, async mix. My pcsx2 built is 0.9.9.4803. I'm using a laptop with only 2 ghz processor, no idea why people say you need a powerful rig but whatever.

On an unrelated note, Suikoden 3 is just like Wild Arms 3, slow emulation. Suikoden 5 ran very fast like WA 5, both only need slow PCs to run well, Suikoden 4 is like WA 4, need average PCs. Generally the newer the game, the better the emulation is. Tongue

@abyssaldesignatorify He surely din't had a problem with speed "around 58-60fps" at full speed is normal as it never keeps exact "60fps". Turbo mode is also a limiter just by default doubled soo 120 fps probably isn't max he can get either and potentially it could be limited by gpu which then all those "speed options" doesn't matter at all as they can only speed emulation from cpu side. In other words why are you suggesting a ways to further bug the game for a person that want it fixed? >.>
actually, i can play it with default settings then turbo mode is around 74~80+fps. i just want to finish it fast since i'll gonna play IV then V thats why i added speedhacks a bit ( i can't past 120+fps even in max speedhacks dunno why Ohmy ). as for the sudden death rune, i just want to ask if someone already 'experienced' this kind of issue. although i think no one yet except me. thats why i ran here for help. well anyway i think the problem is on my part so lets just move on and forget about this topic. ( well since i can use other rune/spells to kill those mobs lol ) anyway for those who did reply and try to contribute, many many many many thanks!!
"cant's past 120 fps" - you use "turbo mode" which caps fps by default at 120fps, if you press F4 you can turn off frame limiter to get even more, but speedhacks set too high generally can cause false fps reading while in true sometimes they actually slow down the game instead of speeding it up;].

BTW did you tried the suggestion to turn off EE cyclerate speedhack and set higher clamping mode to fix that skill/spell problem? I like Suikoden series myself, 3 and 4 wasn't really the same old suikoden;P, soo I can guess why you're playing "as fast as you can" lol.
(08-07-2011, 04:07 PM)miseru99 Wrote: [ -> ]BTW did you tried the suggestion to turn off EE cyclerate speedhack and set higher clamping mode to fix that skill/spell problem?

That isn't the problem. I've stated that with clamping on none and aggressive speedhacks I've managed to complete this game without encountering that bug. All higher clamping mode did for this game is removing some garbage graphics from some area.
Code:
I never used the sword runes
You didn't encountered the problem yeah, but you couldn't as the problem was with skills you never used LOL. Anyway if anyone wants to play with bugs just to get 5fps more or even a false fps reading I don't really care.;]
(08-08-2011, 04:54 AM)miseru99 Wrote: [ -> ]
Code:
I never used the sword runes
You didn't encountered the problem yeah, but you couldn't as the problem was with skills you never used LOL. Anyway if anyone wants to play with bugs just to get 5fps more or even a false fps reading I don't really care.;]

So I go back to my save and tested, voila, there is no bug with the sword rune with all the aggressive speedhack Tongue

The one I tested is Borus using rage sword rune, pretty sure thats what the OP had.

maybe it really is a rare bug/glitch..
but it also occurs on my console >.<
maybe its on my dvd
Pages: 1 2