..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Catalyst Control Center Effects
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just wondering if CCC has any effect performance wise or quality wise of the emulation in PCSX2. I know most of the work is done by the CPU so GPU shouldn't matter as much but will having Super Sampling, 8x AA, ect on have any effect on PCSX2?
I would like higher quality and don't really care for the performance hit so is putting these settings high in CCC actually doing anything?
Doesn't matter. Tested myself. The 8xAA and "Anistrophic Filtering" (maybe mispelled) means nothing in PCSX2, in both performance and image quality.
(08-11-2011, 04:36 AM)Livy Wrote: [ -> ]Doesn't matter. Tested myself. The 8xAA and "Anistrophic Filtering" (maybe mispelled) means nothing in PCSX2, in both performance and image quality.

Thanks for the quick response, +Rep. Mods can close this now if they would like.
AA requires fiddling with AA hacks, and i haven't found one that actually antialises yet, just reduces performance.

best off just using the FXAA in the latest GSDX.
AA is been working for me in pcsx2 with standard setting. But even 2x do highly impact on performance especially when AA is used in common with scaled resulutions. Therfor I set it off and stick with scaling to raise fx quality only.

GFX hd6870
he wasn't talking about the experimental AA.