..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: quick question on game lag
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
was testing out some games and some settings (mostly internal resolution, was checking out the native multipliers) and i had a little lag with a few games, yet my EE was only around 55-65% and GS was only around 15-25%.

i thought that games wouldnt begin to lag if neither of them were below 90-100%? the FPS itself was under the 50 or 60 FPS (depending on the game) yet neither the EE or GS %'s reached over 75%

any ideas on this?
your hardware is just insufficient
when GS/EE thread become above than 90% it happens when one of your hardware is causing problems ( bottlenecking ) in this case both of the CPU and the GPU are causing problems Wink
(08-13-2011, 03:07 PM)Dante3hs Wrote: [ -> ]i thought that games wouldnt begin to lag if neither of them were below 90-100%? the FPS itself was under the 50 or 60 FPS (depending on the game) yet neither the EE or GS %'s reached over 75%

You thought wrong, EE/GS% not reaching ~90% could mean your graphics card is insufficient or you're using too high resolution (ticking "Native" should help here or have Vsync (wait refresh) enabled or the PCIe bus is a bottleneck or some other app in the background is using resources or some threading issues or... well you get the idea Tongue2
ah ok, makes sense. Its fine though, just means i set the resolution too high, i have no problems lowering it back down to x2 Native (seems alot smoother than having the custom 1366x768 atm)