..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: [blog] Threading VU1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
Again, not necessarily true. There are quite a few 3D games were I saw a boost on my i5 laptop (2 cores, 4 threads) but the difference was lower (percentage wise) than my AMD x4 real cores. It really will depend on the game, and even certain scenes in each game. There are some games even on true tri or quads that get slower results with MTVU.
Maybe i'm missing the argument here..

But Rogue Galaxy gets a massive speed up with MTVU on (the VU% is often around 30% for me)

I wanna say Dark Cloud got a boost as well. But i didn't play that before my new video card. So i could be wrong.
For some reason *got an info from member on this forum* intel quadcore Qxxxx series has negative impact in certain game where is on next quadcore intel i series/AMD Quadcore has opposite (positif) impact for MTVU hacks. Anybody can give explaining for this??
It's a speedhack that doesn't have a constant speedup and behaves differently depending on the hardware Tongue2
(09-14-2011, 02:47 PM)Register Wrote: [ -> ]For some reason *got an info from member on this forum* intel quadcore Qxxxx series has negative impact in certain game where is on next quadcore intel i series/AMD Quadcore has opposite (positif) impact for MTVU hacks. Anybody can give explaining for this??

the person with the AMD cpu likely has a better GPU than the person with the Qxxxx.
slowdowns on a quadcore are due to the GS thread or GPU limiting the game.
FFX and FFX-2 are showing a great speedboost when using MTVU on my i5 2410m (Dualcore)
But on my C2D E6700 there is no speedboost at all, ok there is a difference of ~2-3fps but it's fluctuating a lot.
So the HT feature of the i5 might do the trick Wink

i5 2410m: [attachment=29880] C2D E6700: [attachment=29881]
(09-15-2011, 05:49 AM)Nexxxus Wrote: [ -> ]FFX and FFX-2 are showing a great speedboost when using MTVU on my i5 2410m (Dualcore)
But on my C2D E6700 there is no speedboost at all, ok there is a difference of ~2-3fps but it's fluctuating a lot.
So the HT feature of the i5 might do the trick Wink

i5 2410m: C2D E6700:

I think, that positive impact cpu i series from MTVU is be caused from new technology exclude Hyperthreading. If you want to test hyperthreading impact in MTVU then try with ON/OFF to see how much impact can get with it.
How do I disable it?
My ION based PC has such a option in the bios but my laptop doesn't.
I think only desktop cpu we can test at moment since that option has in bios mobo.
cottonvibes Wrote:What we essentially do is duplicate VIF1, we have one instance on the main emulation thread, and we have another instance on the MTVU thread.

I don't know a whole lot about threading, but that sounds like an interesting way to get around thread synchronization. Is this an optimal solution, or simply a workaround to get MTVU working?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15