..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Compile Guide
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What about compiling plugins (like the new SPU plugin)?
(02-20-2009, 08:41 PM)nintendo85 Wrote: [ -> ]What about compiling plugins (like the new SPU plugin)?

well in ur folder u have a subfolder named plugins.

Go there, scroll down if you have to and open "SPU-X_vs2008". now compile it.
(with release and everything).

finished.

Now u find it in /bin/plugins/
(02-20-2009, 08:59 PM)yunsabit Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-20-2009, 08:41 PM)nintendo85 Wrote: [ -> ]What about compiling plugins (like the new SPU plugin)?

finished.

Right, and I did just that, but, it gave me about 28 errors instead and isn't letting me compile it. I go to D:/pcsx2/plugins/SPU-X_vs2008", opened it up in Visual Studio, selected "release" and then chose "Build Solution" but it still wouldn't compile!
(02-20-2009, 09:25 PM)nintendo85 Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-20-2009, 08:59 PM)yunsabit Wrote: [ -> ]

finished.

Right, and I did just that, but, it gave me about 28 errors instead and isn't letting me compile it. I go to D:/pcsx2/plugins/SPU-X_vs2008", opened it up in Visual Studio, selected "release" and then chose "Build Solution" but it still wouldn't compile!

Have you the latest Directx SDK installed? I assume that errors you get are something like d3dx9.h could not be included? yea. That is the SDK.

(Did have the problem myself^^)

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/detai...laylang=en

edit:\

And please post a screenshot of your errors or describe them better for further helping. It makes things much easier.
(02-20-2009, 09:27 PM)yunsabit Wrote: [ -> ]Have you the latest Directx SDK installed? I assume that errors you get are something like d3dx9.h could not be included? yea. That is the SDK.

(Did have the problem myself^^)

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/detai...laylang=en

edit:\

And please post a screenshot of your errors or describe them better for further helping. It makes things much easier.

Oops. Didn't think of getting that....Yeah, I'll definitely post a screenshot next time!
(02-20-2009, 07:52 PM)Wohlrajh Wrote: [ -> ]Well i got the same problem, do you have your \PCSX2 root compilation directory in a directory that contains some spaces ? e.g "Program files" or else ?
If yes, make another one in a root partition directory e.g "C:\PCSX2" or with a path without spaces, download the project again and try to recompile it. I also had this problem with cmd.exe command, and it seems it doesn't like paths with spaces Tongue Since then, no more problems for me. Hope it will help you Happy

Ninja You're a hero among men >.>. Why on earth did microsoft let such a silly bug through like that. I mean, that's a simple patch right there wtf. Thanks! No thread in google could give such a simple answer like that.
(02-21-2009, 05:27 AM)darkt123 Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-20-2009, 07:52 PM)Wohlrajh Wrote: [ -> ]Well i got the same problem, do you have your \PCSX2 root compilation directory in a directory that contains some spaces ? e.g "Program files" or else ?
If yes, make another one in a root partition directory e.g "C:\PCSX2" or with a path without spaces, download the project again and try to recompile it. I also had this problem with cmd.exe command, and it seems it doesn't like paths with spaces Tongue Since then, no more problems for me. Hope it will help you Happy

Ninja You're a hero among men >.>. Why on earth did microsoft let such a silly bug through like that. I mean, that's a simple patch right there wtf. Thanks! No thread in google could give such a simple answer like that.

lol you're welcome, glad to have helped ^^ I asked about the same question some pages before in this thread but seeing no one seemed to know. I searched a little but as you said in google hard to find the same problem or yes but for other projects..

What made me tilt is the \PCSX2\... was unexpected at this time. and the cmd.exe problem, If the compilator tries to run a command line by cmd.exe with the complete pcsx2 path I know it doesn't like spaces.. My directory was in a \Program Files\blabla path so i put it in a root directory and no more problems.. That's a silly bug you're right, and moreover, it doesn't occur each time.. My old Playground SVN compilation directory is still in a path with spaces, but I can compile Blink

Whatever, great it works now for you Wink
Yeah, that's the wierd thing for me too; I created a directory in Program files and could compile previously. Infact, it gave me that same load of bs before with GSDX, but after tooling around with some of the library directories in VC++ it mysteriously went away. Kinda funny a coding and compiling program has those issues. Either way, everything compiles without a hiccup first try no errors -- gotta love it.
What am i doing wrong? I am following it step by step and every time i get 136 errors and it doesnt build
what are the errors?