..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Compile Guide
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(02-22-2009, 08:41 PM)yunsabit Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-22-2009, 08:29 PM)Thundas Wrote: [ -> ]thanks, all i want is the latest gsdx build I cant even compile that. I get a error that it cant open something

U must have the latest DirectX SDK installed.

I did, I just installed it, do i have to restart my PC after installing latest SDK? Because after I installed it I went to compile the GsDX and still getting Error 1 fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'd3dx9.h': No such file or directory c:\users\scott\desktop\ppsvn\plugins\gsdx\stdafx.h 44 GSdx
but linux doesn't use directx, so you won't be able to use gsdx with linux.
(02-22-2009, 08:48 PM)LuisR14 Wrote: [ -> ]but linux doesn't use directx, so you won't be able to use gsdx with linux.

Im using windows vista
oh i was going to change the post.

do you have the include paths set for the the dxsdk in vc++?
well you can use the prebuild.zip provided by karyonix and you can compile it without the errors you get till r570 I mean the ""char * MAIN_DIR" (?MAIN_DIR@@3PADA) already defined in AboutDlg.obj ConfigDlg.obj pcsx2" ones for example
just need to copy the files over the vsprops dir

but it will work only for the plugins , at least it did for me
(02-22-2009, 08:51 PM)LuisR14 Wrote: [ -> ]oh i was going to change the post.

do you have the include paths set for the the dxsdk in vc++?

Hmm not sure, I havent touched any thing, can you please tell me how to do that
(02-22-2009, 08:52 PM)Akaruz Wrote: [ -> ]well you can use the prebuild.zip provided by karyonix and you can compile it without the errors you get till r570 I mean the ""char * MAIN_DIR" (?MAIN_DIR@@3PADA) already defined in AboutDlg.obj ConfigDlg.obj pcsx2" ones for example
just need to copy the files over the vsprops dir

but it will work only for the plugins , at least it did for me

Where do you put he prebuild?
(02-22-2009, 08:48 PM)LuisR14 Wrote: [ -> ]but linux doesn't use directx, so you won't be able to use gsdx with linux.

That's right.

BUT!

Yes, the error you get is from the missing SDK. You have to set the directorys to the SDK in VS08.

I added screens which path sould be set (You have to change them to your config tough)

I hope this will fix ur problem Wink
thanks all
(02-22-2009, 08:56 PM)yunsabit Wrote: [ -> ]

That's right.

BUT!

Yes, the error you get is from the missing SDK. You have to set the directorys to the SDK in VS08.

I added screens which path sould be set (You have to change them to your config tough)

Smile

That's right.

BUT!

i would remove the (august) path, and instead of putting the whole path, i would put "$(DXSDK_DIR)\(include or lib\x86 or bin\x86)"
(02-22-2009, 09:02 PM)LuisR14 Wrote: [ -> ]

That's right.

BUT!

i would remove the (august) path, and instead of putting the whole path, i would put "$(DXSDK_DIR)\(include or lib\x86 or bin\x86)"

these screens are not from my rig tough. Wink Just used it as they were taken for me as I had this problem. But yes. You are right.

And make sure you get the latest sdk Wink