..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Compile Guide
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Thank you for all the help, I think I will wait until the linux's build scripts get fixed, because with r580 I am getting the inlining issue that I previously mentioned.
Visual C++ 2008 Express Edition can build these files:
pcsx2.exe, CDVDiso.dll, CDVDnull.dll, DEV9null.dll, FWnull.dll, LilyPad.dll, SPU2-X.dll, USBnull.dll, ZeroGS.dll, ZeroPAD.dll, ZeroSPU2.dll.
Actually, it failed to compile some resource files at first. But after copying the file common\include\afxresmw.h to common\include\afxres.h and common\include\winres.h, it will build the plug-ins successfully.

However, these projects cannot be built with Express Edition because they depend on MFC&ATL:
CDVDolio, xpad, GSdx.
Thanks for the report. I was also told that the subfolders in the solution don't really work in Express, but that it still compiles properly. I could make an Express solution that's Folder and Gabest-free. It's about the best I can do for Express compatibility.
Hello, I seems that the build scripts for linux are ok now, but for some reason I am getting the following error when building zerogs's plugin:

Code:
zerogs.cpp: In function ‘void ZeroGS::KickSprite()’:
zerogs.cpp:4277: désolé, pas implanté: inlining failed in call to ‘void SetKickVertex(VertexGPU*, Vertex, int, const ZeroGS::VB&)’: function not inlinable
zerogs.cpp:4315: désolé, pas implanté: appelé d'ici
zerogs.cpp:4277: désolé, pas implanté: inlining failed in call to ‘void SetKickVertex(VertexGPU*, Vertex, int, const ZeroGS::VB&)’: function not inlinable
zerogs.cpp:4316: désolé, pas implanté: appelé d'ici
zerogs.cpp:4317: désolé, pas implanté: appelé d'ici
zerogs.cpp:4318: désolé, pas implanté: appelé d'ici
zerogs.cpp:4319: désolé, pas implanté: appelé d'ici
zerogs.cpp:4324: désolé, pas implanté: appelé d'ici
make[1]: *** [libZeroGSogl_a-zerogs.o] Erreur 1
There is a part of the error msg that is in french, sorry for that.
I'm using gcc 4.3.2 in Ubuntu Intrepid x64.

Did anyone successfully build the actual SVN version? Which gcc are you using?

hickop

You cant build it on linux x64 actually.
Or rather, you can't build it without setting up a 32 bit chroot, and compiling it inside of the chroot. And how to do that varies from distribution to distribution.
I downloaded the Tortoise SVN thing and it made all those blah-blah files and folders... But I have a huge problem.

Visual Studio Team System 2008 Team Suite - 3921.2 MB
I'm definitely not going to download that, it's way way WAY too BIG to download!
Oh well, I'll just have to die from waiting for PCSX2 SVN exe's to be downloadable like it's almost the end of the world (I might even die tomorrow...).

But surely there must be another way, rather than downloading a whoppin 4GB file on my ultra slow connection that runs worse than dialup at times JUST TO MAKE A DAMN EXE FILE! :l (Yes I'm a bit angry about this).
Here is ur other solution

SVN Snapshot
Quote:But surely there must be another way, rather than downloading a whoppin 4GB file on my ultra slow connection that runs worse than dialup at times JUST TO MAKE A DAMN EXE FILE! :l (Yes I'm a bit angry about this).
Umm... purchase it?
C.O.
(02-27-2009, 08:09 PM)Blackclaw Wrote: [ -> ]Here is ur other solution

SVN Snapshot
Doesn't update often enough...

(02-27-2009, 08:10 PM)Kein Wrote: [ -> ]Umm... purchase it?
C.O.
Microsoft has enough $$$ already...

Anyway I better get to bed before my anger goes too far & over the top (4:50AM, Saturday)...