..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Compile Guide
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there is a way to download only pcsx2(without the plugins) using tortoise?
You can albeit somewhat tricky:

Check out /pcsx2, /common, and /3rdparty folders individually -- all into the same location so that the contents of that folder look like:

/mycheckout
  • /pcsx2
  • /common
  • /3rdparty

Open the Pcsx2 project (/pcsx/windows/vcprojects/) and it'll create a solution for it. You can save that *anywhere*. Now right-click on the solution title in the Solution Explorer, and go to "Add Existing Project." Select the project in /3rdparty/w32pthreads, and do it again to add the project in /3rdparty/zlib.

Compile! Should work. Smile

It'll drop the pcsx2.exe relative to wherever you save the solution folder. So if you save the solution at c:\chuck, pcsx2.exe will output to c:\chuck\bin.
As jake said, you can, but well, I would not really do that... XD For obvious reasons, heh, too much of a bother Tongue

Edited cause jake was faster than me
Ok I did it but why it was compiled with pcsx2.exe name and not pcsx2-rxxx.exe

Or this is normal when I compile it that way?
It's normal when you compile it that way. But I think it's silly to do thta much. Js checkout the entire repo and compile pcsx2 only...
(03-12-2009, 09:40 PM)Krakatos Wrote: [ -> ]It's normal when you compile it that way. But I think it's silly to do thta much. Js checkout the entire repo and compile pcsx2 only...

The problem is that I don't have much space on the hdd...only VC2008 takes 500mb and the first time when I try to compile pcsx2 and all of the plugins,the folder becomes ~500mb too.

Only pcsx2 from when I download it to when I compile it is from 15mb to 150mb.

Anyway it doesn't bother me to do all that Smile
(03-12-2009, 09:40 PM)Krakatos Wrote: [ -> ]It's normal when you compile it that way.

Is there is a way the rev nubmer to be added automatically when I use that method to download the source?
(03-14-2009, 07:54 PM)yunsabit Wrote: [ -> ]http://code.google.com/p/pcsx2/wiki/Comp...ForWindows

read it please.

Thanks Smile
Does some of those deppends on bzip2?
GSdx,ZeroSPU2,LilyPad,SPU-X,pcsx2

Also I get some errors messages when I'm compiling GSdx but GSdx is compiling succesfully