..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: My PC specs.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey there guys, I wanna know if my PC specs is enough to play any game on PCSX2, i mean at full speed 60fps ntsc or 50fps Pal.

My PC Specs :

Process : Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q9550 @ 2.83ghz
RAM : 4gb
Display : Nvidia GeForce GTX 260 896mb
Total Graphic Memory : 2303mb

Thanks.
many games, yes.
any game, no.
Can you tell me an example Specs that is needed to play all games at full speed? Thanks Smile
Something like a dual core @7 ghz
dunno about the GPU, because it depends on what kind of quality your are looking for Tongue2
As for the GPU, you'd need like 10GB of VRAM to play some games at native resolution and no anti-aliasing at full speed. Tongue
the 2nd gen i5,i7(w/factory speeds of 3~higher) has TB(turbo boost) making it "most" games at full speeds.
your Q9550 doesnt have TB so you are stuck in SSE4.1
and video card supposed to be near high-end as well e.g. 275GTX~higher. w/ gddr5~higher. w/256-bit bandwidth~higher.
In section "Important Threads" is topic - Read first: Will PCSX2 run fast on my computer?

Basically it depends on games what you what to play - some games will run quite good at full speed with you PC, some with more lag...or do not run at all if not supported at all..

(08-16-2011, 05:54 AM)nemesisporra Wrote: [ -> ]Hey there guys, I wanna know if my PC specs is enough to play any game on PCSX2, i mean at full speed 60fps ntsc or 50fps Pal.

My PC Specs :

Process : Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q9550 @ 2.83ghz
RAM : 4gb
Display : Nvidia GeForce GTX 260 896mb
Total Graphic Memory : 2303mb

Thanks.

You need good CPU for pcsx2!!! Your GPU and ram are good.just buy new CPU and you will play any game(full playable games)in full speed.
I have Intel [email protected] and play all games i have in full speed.That is my recommendation for CPU.Remember!!! 2600k is waste of money for pcsx2 because 2500k is more than enough.
be careful
because
Quote:and you will play any game
is very different from
Quote:all games i have
when it comes to PCSX2 the CPU is never enough you will always face something that need a higher clock
in the other hand if you get AMD HD6970 95% of games ( out of Playable and Intro games Wink ) will play full speed at least at native