..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Dragon Quest VIII on my notebook??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all!!! I'm a Spanish user, sorry for my bad English Smile. I want to play Dragon Quest VIII in my notebook:

Intel i7 2630QM 2.00Ghz - up to 2.90Ghz with Turbo Boost 2.0
4Gb DDR3
nVidia GT 540M

I have test all speed hacks and all combinations... but I only have 50 fps in the country (and these fps are not stable), not in battles... I need more than 2Ghz, and Turbo Boost don't give me the sufficient...

Is there any way to play it?

Thank you for all. Regards!!
You've tried the latest revision with the MTVU hack right? If you still don't get 60fps, run CPU-Z while playing to make sure you're not being throttled at 2ghz. That processor should be running at 2.6ghz for PCSX2. Also with that card you'll have to play a few very demanding games at native res, and this may be one of them.
(08-17-2011, 05:33 PM)analca3 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi all!!! I'm a Spanish user, sorry for my bad English Smile. I want to play Dragon Quest VIII in my notebook:

Intel i7 2630QM 2.00Ghz - up to 2.90Ghz with Turbo Boost 2.0
4Gb DDR3
nVidia GT 540M

I have test all speed hacks and all combinations... but I only have 50 fps in the country (and these fps are not stable), not in battles... I need more than 2Ghz, and Turbo Boost don't give me the sufficient...

Is there any way to play it?

Thank you for all. Regards!!

Its normal if u got the PAL version, all PAL versions are limited to 50 fps Laugh, except u edit the PCSX2_vm.ini and change the FrameratePAL= line to FrameratePAL=59.94 Biggrin (it can give problems in some PAL games but, not in DQ VIII, i test it, and i play it in that way)
Do u try the latests revision? (up to r4866, with the MTVU hack), if u don't, download it, and give it a try.
About the speed hacks, in my experience the best settings for DQVIII are this ones.

[Image: ?p=2CVKDCRZ.jpg]

Also remember DQVIII have a high demand for graphic card, but urs card is fine for native ress.
Don't forget to edit the GSFX.ini and put the allowhacks=1 line, now in the GSDX config window put skipdraw to 1 if u want the shadows, and 2 for the Flashback scenes.
Thanks!!! If I try at native resolution, or 2x Native, I can play!!! I had set 3x Native.... In my desktop PC can run it, but it is a [email protected] xD....

And thanks for the CPU-Z idea, the Intel monitor is a *****, CPU-Z is better!!!

And Alethram, can you fix the snap? I can't see it, and it's possible it can help me to play better =)!!!! Thanks por the hacks, too, I couldn't see the flashback scenes and the shadows =P

PD: Yeah, I use the r4869, I'm sorry =P!!!

EDIT: OK, I can play very good now!!! I have seen the snap and all correct!!! Thanks!!!

Regards!!