..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: game lag and processer usage
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i have a program monitoring my CPU and GPU usage running, and i have one of my games running in pcsx2 at the same time. my FPS atm is sitting at around 40-45, but my processor is only sitting around 85% for both cores max (fluctuating up to 85, usually between 75-85%) and my GPU is only using about 30%. I have my power options set to performance with both the min and max for my processor set to 100%, so is there anyway to push that last bit of power out of my processor, or is this the norm for how they work, never quite reaching the 100% mark?

my EE gets to about 95% though as well, though my GS is sitting on 25, so i know its probably being bottlenecked by my CPU, hence why im wondering if theres anyway to push that last little bit out.
With those usage numbers, the new SVN builds with MTVU might help out.
its a dual core, so i dont think the mtvu will help much, or does it still hlp with dual core?
yeah. you might wanna try the MTVU from the SVN but it doesn't guarantee a speed up there. those last not usable 15% are the threads waiting for each other to syncronize. it depends on the game and its data if can be maxed out.
(08-19-2011, 05:02 PM)Dante3hs Wrote: [ -> ]its a dual core, so i dont think the mtvu will help much, or does it still hlp with dual core?

When GS% is much lower than EE%, mtvu can give good speedups on dual core, because mtvu decreases EE% and moves the VU1 work to a separate thread, which can use some of the slack time that GS isn't using.

This has been confirmed by some dual core users in some EE heavy games.
well now with MTVU, im getting roughly (same part of the same game) and my EE is still at 95, while my EE sits around 30-35, and the VU shows at about 40. Though now my CPUs are running at around 95%, but my FPS wasnt much different. though i was able to turn VU cycle stealing off without any noticable FPS impact, which fixed a black flickering on an FMV, which i knew was caused by the VU cycle stealing, so i wasnt too fussed.