..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: LilyPad 0.10.0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been using SSSPX until now since there was not better successor to it. Just recently found out that there is a another plugin worth trying out (at least it looked so on the screens), so I thought I'll check it out.
I'm not sure if it's LilyPad related, but when it comes to pad issues, with the ammount of experts on these forums I couldn't land better, right?

I'm using Logitech RumblePad 2, drv 5.02.116 (2008-04-04) remaining box setup as in sig and PCSX2 PG r.478 (the latest there is).

Now the problem is that whenever I start configuring LilyPad my OS is starting to constanly install and uninstall the usb pad (you know the USB detection sound on/off), this is slowing the entire system like hell (nevermind the annoying sound). The same actually happens when using the Xpadder emulator or even in the control panel device config, that's why I think it's not an issue related directly to LilyPad. However it's not possible to use LilyPad because even after I'm done with the configuration the usb pad device is still being installed/uninstalled all the time.
When it comes to pad configuration there are no problems with the constant device uninstallation/detection when using the Logitech Profiler for PC games, SSSPSX also works fine.
Changing USB ports or restarting the PC does not solve this issue.

Also what I noted is that when you have SSSPSX plugin selected for your first pad and LilyPad for your second pad, somehow they both are working even if the second pad is not connected (I had "Always hide cursor" enabled in LilyPad and it was also hidden when using SSSPSX). Is that normal? I suppose that's PCSX2 doing, enabling all selected pad plugins even if the device is not there?
3man: First off, don't use two different pad plugins for pads 1 and 2. Having two different pad plugins that can both read from DirectInput or XInput devices just doesn't work very well. Windows just isn't designed for it, nor is PCSX2, nor are the pad plugins.

"Always hide cursor" was intended for some versions of GSDX that don't hide the cursor themselves. GSDX may have changed behavior since I added the option. ZeroGS 0.97 always hides the cursor. It was added because my mouse code used to have trouble hiding the cursor with MTGS enabled and mouse input was enabled (As of 0.9.5, code shouldn't have that issue, anyways, I believe).

Now for the more serious issue. I enumerate all devices whenever a device is added or removed and when loading/reloading settings (And when starting/stopping the emulator). I do this so that if you plug in a device while the game is running, you don't have to restart the emulator, or even re-enter LilyPad's config screen. SSSPSX just connects to the first two game devices it finds, and that's that. I also search through DirectInput devices and enumerate all of their buttons one at a time, as opposed to using the pre-set joystick DirectInput stuff, which uses a fixed number of buttons, and doesn't give you any of the button's names.

I suspect that either enumerating the devices or their buttons/force feedback axes, or creating a custom data structure to receive the button state causes problems. Maybe a device with buggy drivers simulates a being disconnected/reconnected. Edit: Could also be an issue with enumerating devices before disconnecting to the old connections, or while SSSPSX pad is still connected to them.

The problems don't start when you unfocus/refocus the GS window, do they? That might actually make sense.
ChickenLiver: Thanks for looking into my issue. I have just enabled LilyPad in PCSX for both pads again and as before when I open the configure window a HID compatible device (on the attachment marked red, sorry got a Polish version of Vista) shows up every 5-10 seconds and disappears within a second. That's when the system also plays the detection sound. The same happens (the detection sound) when I enter in Control Panel the device properties (second attachment), the USB detection sound is played frequently every ~5s. Once I close the configuration window (or the control panel properties) also the regular USB connection sounds stop.
But now when I start a game in PCSX the USB sound now plays only once at the begining. Last time when I tried, it was played frequently every ~5 seconds. Seems like some other process was hanging in the background the last time.

The issue with the two different pad plugins, was just a mistake. As for the hidden cursor, that happened because both plugins were enabled (LilyPad and SSSPSX) and that's when I noticed that LilyPad was enabled on the second pad.

Focusing or un-focusing the PCSX game window does not cause another USB detection if that's what you're asking.

I suppose the issue has basically resolved itself for now at least, however I find it strange that the application has to enumerate the USB device by itself. I thought that since USB is a hot-swapped device it would be handled somwhere on OS/kernel level. I don't remember this happening under WinXP either. Also I think in one of the previous posts I red that Rumble Pad 2 was the testing pad for you guys, don't you experience simmilar issue (the constant USB device detection) as I am?
There's no ReceiveInputFromEverySingleAttachedGameDeviceOnTheSystem() function. I have to get a list of devices and connect to them though DirectInput individually. DirectInput is obviously at a much higher level than the driver that actually communicates directly with the device.

I have never heard of anyone with the issue you have before, with any type of gamepad. I use a RumblePad 2 myself without any issues. Don't suppose you have a USB hub or something you could try connecting the pad to? I suspect there's some sort of hardware or software conflict, or something's wrong with your installed driver for the device. You could also try LilyPad 0.9.4 and see if that resolves the issue, though it sounds like things are working now. 0.9.5 was a pretty significant rewrite. You'll lose your control settings when changing versions between 0.9.5+ and 0.9.4-.

Edit: Just noticed you have a lot of USB receivers.
Sorry for the late reply. I did a few tests, even found a new RumblePad 2 driver on Logitech's page (5.04.110 from 2009.01.21). This however didn't solve the issue with the constant device detection neither in Control Panel nor in LilyPad 0.9.9
But then, I have downgraded to LilyPad 0.9.4 and that resolved this issue, does 0.9.4 also enumerate all USB devices frequently?

As for the USB Receivers, you're right, I never payed attention to that. I suppose one comes from Logitech MX700 (keyboard and mice on one USB receiver), the remaining 2 I'm guessing come from the Soundgraph iMON HD front panel+remote and maybe the volume knob or buttons that come as a package with Thermaltake DH101 HTPC case.

I was also thinking that there might be some HW conflits, I see that some of my USB ports work on the same IRQ 18 as the SB X-Fi. But from what I know IRQ sharing hasn't been an issue since APIC was introduced (enabled in my BIOS). I still haven't checked if overclocking might cause this issue.
So they're not using the Windows IR receiver stuff, then, sounds like. I remember reading that there was a bug with Vista and multiple IR receivers, though don't think that would cause whatever issue you're running into, regardless.

0.9.4 doesn't enumerate devices whenever Windows tells it devices are add/removed. Only does it on start, refresh, and possibly on emulation start.
i can report a bug they think in lillypad

tekken 5 ntsc latest pcsx2 build
cannot move up or down or left or right
analog or digital

i think it has to do with the latest svn because people are reporting to be playing tekken 5
Doubt that's a LilyPad bug.
(i remember i had sucha problem some time ago)
try to mess with the clamping modes and flush to zero/Denormals are zero
they are found in the advanced menu
dude i know

i posted this in the bug report section of the beta forum and they moved it here