..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: LilyPad 0.10.0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've got a bizarre problem with Lilypad that seems to defy an easy solution. I set up my controls just fine initially (I'm using a keyboard to play old JRPG's), but I can't go back and change my set-up at all. Any time I click on a PS2 button in order to map it, it instantly gets mapped to the "DX ESA FW" "controller", to either the Fan Speed -, Fan Speed, or Fan Speed + "buttons".

Obviously, DX ESA FW stands for Directx Enthusiast Systems Architecture for Windows. But why does Lilypad seem to read that as a "controller", of all things? And how can I shut it off so that I can change my moronic keybinds to something that won't give me Carpal Tunnel?

Edit: Ok, so this one had an easy "solution" after all: by clicking on the PS2 button to bind and -INSTANTLY- slamming the keyboard button I wanted to bind it to, I could bind the keys properly. My guess is that DX ESA FW is adjusting fan speed on the fly, or something, which explains why it was inputting keys to be bound into Lilypad. A proper solution escapes me, though.
(05-18-2010, 05:29 AM)Venger Wrote: [ -> ]I've got a bizarre problem with Lilypad that seems to defy an easy solution. I set up my controls just fine initially (I'm using a keyboard to play old JRPG's), but I can't go back and change my set-up at all. Any time I click on a PS2 button in order to map it, it instantly gets mapped to the "DX ESA FW" "controller", to either the Fan Speed -, Fan Speed, or Fan Speed + "buttons".

Obviously, DX ESA FW stands for Directx Enthusiast Systems Architecture for Windows. But why does Lilypad seem to read that as a "controller", of all things? And how can I shut it off so that I can change my moronic keybinds to something that won't give me Carpal Tunnel?

Edit: Ok, so this one had an easy "solution" after all: by clicking on the PS2 button to bind and -INSTANTLY- slamming the keyboard button I wanted to bind it to, I could bind the keys properly. My guess is that DX ESA FW is adjusting fan speed on the fly, or something, which explains why it was inputting keys to be bound into Lilypad. A proper solution escapes me, though.

That's mighty odd. Any device that sends me changing data through DirectInput can be bound. I believe that anything that is a USB HID (Human Input Device) appears under DirectInput (As well as some other things), though a lot of special purpose devices don't actually send any data. Really odd for fan speed to show up.

For an axis to be bound, I believe it has to change a fair bit, as a portion of the total range. There's no way (currently implemented in LilyPad's interface, that is) to prevent binding to a specific device.

Sounds like you found a workaround (Though not an ideal solution, admittedly). Only other solution, short of modifying LilyPad itself, is to set up the bindings manually, which would be more painful than your workaround.

Edit: As you're using a keyboard, could also just disable DirectInput game devices in LilyPad's config screen. Wouldn't work if you were actually using a DirectInput game device, of course.
(05-18-2010, 08:51 PM)ChickenLiver Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-18-2010, 05:29 AM)Venger Wrote: [ -> ]I've got a bizarre problem with Lilypad that seems to defy an easy solution. I set up my controls just fine initially (I'm using a keyboard to play old JRPG's), but I can't go back and change my set-up at all. Any time I click on a PS2 button in order to map it, it instantly gets mapped to the "DX ESA FW" "controller", to either the Fan Speed -, Fan Speed, or Fan Speed + "buttons".

That's mighty odd. Any device that sends me changing data through DirectInput can be bound. I believe that anything that is a USB HID (Human Input Device) appears under DirectInput (As well as some other things), though a lot of special purpose devices don't actually send any data. Really odd for fan speed to show up.

For an axis to be bound, I believe it has to change a fair bit, as a portion of the total range. There's no way (currently implemented in LilyPad's interface, that is) to prevent binding to a specific device.

Sounds like you found a workaround (Though not an ideal solution, admittedly). Only other solution, short of modifying LilyPad itself, is to set up the bindings manually, which would be more painful than your workaround.

Edit: As you're using a keyboard, could also just disable DirectInput game devices in LilyPad's config screen. Wouldn't work if you were actually using a DirectInput game device, of course.

I went back and tested it, and yeah, disabling DirectInput game devices made the "DX ESA FW" controller disappear under "Device Diagnostics" and fixed the problem permanently. I don't have any controllers or joysticks hooked up, so its no problem; but I imagine if I went and tried to hook up a Xbox 360 controller (or something), it would be an issue again.

Anyway, thanks for the help!
Hey I'm having a problem with dropped inputs using LilyPad 0.10.0. For games with simple inputs this isn't really a problem but for more demanding games like fighters this makes them almost unplayable. My experience is with Melty Blood and Fate/Unlimited Codes. Melty drops some inputs but FUC drops inputs all the time and it is a very big problem. I'm actually not even sure whether this a problem with the plugin or a problem with the rest of the emulator. The inputs are usually dropped during fast inputs. I'm using a 360 Madcatz TE joystick.
If you don't get full speed in games and you press/release the input too fast it just won't register it because it was too fast. That's normal, you're supposed to be playing full speed all the time unless you mean something else by "demanding games".
(05-19-2010, 09:53 PM)Shadow Lady Wrote: [ -> ]If you don't get full speed in games and you press/release the input too fast it just won't register it because it was too fast. That's normal, you're supposed to be playing full speed all the time unless you mean something else by "demanding games".

I meant games that are more reliant on precise inputs. In fighters even if an input that was only active for 1/60th of a second is dropped it is a big deal as single moves have inputs that are often 7 or more inputs long and need to be done very fast and accurately. Some games have combos consisting of 20+ moves precisely strung together. If a single input is dropped the whole move doesn't come out and you don't get a second shot, where as in a racer or something a dropped input just means your car started turning 1/60th of a second later. That's what I meant.
Heyo allz. First time posting. For some reason, whenever I go to config my controls with my Xbox controller, it just doesn't want to save. I actually switched my plug-in to this particular one, Lilypad 0.10.0, and it actually gave me an error message.

Unable to save settings. Make sure the disk is not full or write protected, the file isn't write protected, and that the app has permissions to write to the directory. On Vista, try running in administrator mode.

I'm currently running Windows 7 if that helps at all. I also know that my disk is nowhere near full. I just don't know anything about write protection or stuff like that. If anyone can help it'd be appreciated. D:
move your pcsx2 folder to "my documents" and be sure to run the pcsx2.exe with administrator rights
I did install it on an administrator name. Should I try to just re-install it in My Documents?
(05-20-2010, 03:13 AM)WaspsLeftKneeCap Wrote: [ -> ]I did install it on an administrator name

what do u mean?

yeah install it in my documents and run it with admin rights as i said.