..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: LilyPad 0.10.0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(01-15-2009, 03:47 PM)andyqkw Wrote: [ -> ]Improvement to the game pad configuration interface would be welcome, current one is just too plain.

why would you want it complex, that just complicates it for people that have a hard time figuring it out.Rolleyes
(01-15-2009, 05:13 PM)LuisR14 Wrote: [ -> ]why would you want it complex, that just complicates it for people that have a hard time figuring it out.Rolleyes

I don't want it complex, something like that of the ePSXe pad configuration page would be nice and easy to understand.
(01-16-2009, 08:07 AM)andyqkw Wrote: [ -> ]I don't want it complex, something like that of the ePSXe pad configuration page would be nice and easy to understand.

Erm...Just to point out a few details... I allow binding multiple PC controls to a single PS2 control, support pressure sensitive buttons, allow binding axes to buttons, let the sensitivity of everything be configured, and let Lx/Rx be bound to a single axis. Those features require a significantly more complicated interface with about twice as many buttons and a list of bindings. As far as I know, no other pad plugin or PSX/PS2 emulator with built-in pad support has all that.

I see no reason to waste my time trying to beautify it. Or even that much time making it more user friendly, though that was one of the primary goals for 0.9.5, admittedly. It's open source, you want to cripple it just so you can have a pretty config screen, be my guest. Or add a pointless image of a controller, making the config screen larger than most people's monitors.

Or you could simply use one of the other pad plugins. Can probably find one that will do what you want and has a lovely config screen.
hey Dwarg, what is the best controller to fit with your prog ? i'm gonna buy one, cauz of the bad support for my Sidewinder Smile
PS2 one or Xbox360 one ?

btw, i think your lilypad is one of the best out there

thanks for your work
century,

I'd still like to find out why your sidewinder's not working and fix it. Believe you said it worked in previous versions, and 0.9.5 has been out less than a week, so think I'll probably figure it out at some point.

However, if you're looking for a new controller, just about anything should work, in theory (Including your sidewinder...).

The only USB game controller I have to test it with myself is a Logitech Rumblepad 2, but it should work fine with PS2 controllers connected via a converter or Xbox 360 controllers as well.
i use both xbox360 (3rd party because the D-pad of the original is not precise enough ....) and ps2 controller

it's really just a matter of what you like

as for other game uses (if you play pc games) i'd buy the ps2 controller because the xbox didn't work on all my games even though i tried them with the original driver and the XBCD

but the xbox controller has a great deal of settings if you install the XBCD "driver" http://www.redcl0ud.com/xbcd.html
Are you sure there isn't anything at all to do if my Dualshock2-controller doesn't show up at DirectInput Device Diagnostics?
=(
Insomniac: No, I'm not sure. I just have no idea where to start looking for a problem. If I could duplicate the issue, or get some idea of what the underlying problem is, I'd be happy to spend time trying to fix it, but I just have no idea what's going on.

Have you tried 0.9.7? It's no longer "DirectInput Device Diagnostics" anymore...Works with devices of all types. My infrastructure's different enough that I could theoretically have fixed whatever the issue was, though I don't think it terribly likely.
Oh, s***, my bad. I thought i had the latest version as i downloaded the emulator for 2 weeks ago. But now i see i only have 0.9.4 Wacko
Gonna update and I'll come back with results.

*edit*

Nope, still the same.
Can you see any wrongs in my config?

http://i41.tinypic.com/o5cg0x.jpg
You shouldn't set keyboard API to disabled unless you're using LilyPad for one controller and another plugin for the other. Note that neither of those G15 gaming keyboard entries is actually the standard keys on your keyboard. One is the media keys, not sure what the other is. That's obviously not the problem you're running into, however.

Are you sure "DX Mus" is not the controller? Pretty clear what everything else is. Edit: Oh, just realized it's your mouse.

Looking at my code, I can see absolutely no way I could fail to list a single DirectInput compatible device. 40 lines of code to come up with the devices, with no failure case.

Edit: Your controller does work in DirectInput games, right? If not, might have to install drivers.