..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: LilyPad 0.10.0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(01-19-2009, 01:39 PM)Axelfen Wrote: [ -> ]I'm trying to use lilypad using a keyboard/mouse configuration (i dont have a gamepad anymore) but none of the buttons work. Under device diagnostics it say "ignore keyboard." I'm guessing that this is the problem, but I can't figure out how to fix it! I'm using a laptop, if that makes any difference.

Additionally, does anyone know how to configure the analog joysticks to my mouse?

Thanks in advance!

"Ignore Keyboard" is just a pseudo-device that stores all of your "ignore button" bindings (Useful primarily for disabling the windows key). If you have both keyboard and mouse modes set to disabled, that is your problem.
[/quote]

"Ignore Keyboard" is just a pseudo-device that stores all of your "ignore button" bindings (Useful primarily for disabling the windows key). If you have both keyboard and mouse modes set to disabled, that is your problem.
[/quote]

Nope, i've got both mouse and keyboard set to direct input and i'm pretty sure that they're bound correctly. It still says "ignore keyboard" though and has 0 value for all the keys. And none of the keys work in the game. Thanks for the reply though.
As I said, the ignore keyboard in the device list isn't a real device, it's where any ignore button bindings are stored. See the little button at the bottom of pad 1? Press that and then the windows key and you'll have a "binding" to the "Ignore keyboard". Then the windows key should be ignored when PCSX2 has focus. I treat it as a normal keyboard device for simplicity. Regardless, has nothing to do with whatever issue you're running into.

At the test device screen, 0 means up/not pressed, and 1 means down. Press buttons and their values change.
Alright, thanks, i guess i understand.

So I guess my problem is this: all my keys work properly when i use the test button and they are all bound to the correct buttons. However, when i go into the game, none of them work. I used to use ssspsx, and that worked perfectly (except it lacked analog->mouse configuration, hence the switch). Strangely, whenever i finish configuring lilypad, the ssspsx config box pops up and asks me to configure that as well (maybe there is a conflict?).

So, in summary, does anyone know why my game isn't recognizing lilypad?

Thanks
You should set pad 1 and pad 2 to both use LilyPad. Also, looks like there's a bug with the sensitivity of Direct Input relative axes - try using Windows messaging (Or raw input) for the mouse. As it is, it's impossible to even bind Direct Input mouse directions to anything. I'll fix it in the next release.
Hey! Setting both pads to lilypad completely fixed my problem! Thanks man. I know you've done a lot to help me out, but im still a little confused about how to go about binding my mouse to the right joystick.

Lilypad's great though, thanks!
On the first page, select Windows messaging under mouse API. Looks like there's a bug with my DirectInput code and relative axes (Axes where there's no limit to how far you can move them in one direction - like the mouse x/y position and the mouse wheel. Not much else has them). It's now fixed, and it'll work in my next release, but Windows messaging works just as well.

Anyways, after selecting windows messaging for the mouse api, go to pad 1 and bind the mouse just like you did the keys: press analog up, move mouse up, etc. You'll either need to disable "start without mouse focus" or bind a key to "mouse" and press it whenever you start running the emulator so that I hide the cursor and steal mouse input.
Drwarg, help please! I am stuck in Star Ocean 3.
When you need to 'light' button press the circle key to play a certain song on the Dragon flute to get the door open, LilyPad only registers the 'hard' button presses. I was told that there's no pressure sensitive buttons in windows, so I tried mapping the key to an analog axis, but it still didn't work. It seems lilypad only registers 'hard' button presses and so I am stuck. Is there a way around this? If not, could you please update LilyPad for 'light' button presses?
ha...never mind...adjusting the pressure sensitivity to .5 fixed the problem...
Hi there!

Is it possible to add Rock Band drum support? Guitar support works great!

The Rock Band drum has the following keys:
Red pad
Yellow pad
Blue pad
Green pad
Orange pad (Foot pedal)

Select
Start
D-Pad
Cross
Square
Triangle
Circle

There is a software by http://www.andrewrudson.com/ that uses the input from the Rock Band drums to make real drum sounds.

Would be greatly appreciated :-D