..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: System Requirements For Playable Devil May Cry
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Awhile back I tried to run Devil May Cry on PCSX2, the game literally played in slow motion. I messed with it for awhile but got no results and gave up.

I'd like to try again and my concern is whether or not my system is powerful enough to make the game playable, my definition of playable meaning being comparable to playing it on a Playstation 2.

Lastly, Is there benefit to running PCSX2 under Windows 7 rather then Windows XP in terms of DirectX support?

My system is as follows:
AMD Athlon II X4 620 2.6ghz
ATI Radeon 4850 1gig VRAM
Sound Blast X-FI Go! Pro

- Ryan Paul Fialcowitz
download the latest svn build of pcsx2 and check the MTVU speedhack. leave everything else default.

for the glitches of the hud download gsdx 0.1.14.

should run alot better. and look good at minimum x2 scaling. Smile

about win7: I can't compare directly (I won't use XP anymore) but it should be faster with dx 10.
(08-27-2011, 11:32 PM)xstyla Wrote: [ -> ]download the latest svn build of pcsx2 and check the MTVU speedhack. leave everything else default.

for the glitches of the hud download gsdx 0.1.14.

should run alot better. and look good at minimum x2 scaling. Smile

about win7: I can't compare directly (I won't use XP anymore) but it should be faster with dx 10.

I'll give it a try when I reinstall Windows 7. So, you think it will be playable with your adivce, yes?

-Ryan Paul Fialcowitz

(08-27-2011, 11:43 PM)RyanFialcowitz Wrote: [ -> ]So, you think it will be playable with your adivce, yes?

hell no... I was joking. the hack just gives raw 40% speed increase and fixes all the sluggishness. dunno if you would call that playable then. Laugh
(08-27-2011, 11:50 PM)xstyla Wrote: [ -> ]hell no... I was joking. the hack just gives raw 40% speed increase and fixes all the sluggishness. dunno if you would call that playable then. Laugh

(08-27-2011, 11:09 PM)RyanFialcowitz Wrote: [ -> ]I'd like to try again and my concern is whether or not my system is powerful enough to make the game playable, my definition of playable meaning being comparable to playing it on a Playstation 2.

My question thus remains unanswered. . .

- Ryan Paul Fialcowitz

just set it up as I posted and enjoy the game running as fast as possible. Wink
If you can OC your CPU, I'm certain you'll like the benefit. Using ideal settings can also prove quite benefitial as well. Not just the MTVU hack of SVNs, but other Speedhacks, too.
(08-27-2011, 11:59 PM)xstyla Wrote: [ -> ]just set it up as I posted and enjoy the game running as fast as possible. Wink

See, given my previous experience with this program I'm doubtful that it will be playable and I'd rather not go to the trouble until someone confirms my system can hack it.

- Ryan Paul Fialcowitz

Oh, I see.

Yes, it can. Smile
I can confirm that. I'm using phenom II x3 @ 2.1. playing the latest stable I had sluggish 35 fps most of the time 20 in fights. now with the mtvu I have more or less 60 fps and more. only massive fights let it drop but it remains playable not sluggish. ok?

now just try to play it. Wink
Pages: 1 2