..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Freezing after ~30 minutes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi everyone! I ran into a problem in rev4895: some games repeatedly freeze after about the same amount of time (about half an hour), resulting in a "PCSX2 has stopped working" message. The freezes occur regardless of events, as it hardly happens twice at the same place. The games affected by this are:

Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne (US)
Disgaea 2 (EU)

Games unaffected by this:

Persona 4 (US)
Final Fantasy XII (US)

Settings:

DX11 Hardware mode
Native resolution
Weave BFF interlacing
Texture filtering full box (I assume it's "allow, but don't force")

Speed hacks and manual game patches all off.

My system:
Intel Corei5 M480 @ 2.67 Ghz
4 GB DDR3 RAM
AMD Radeon HD6370M 512MB
Win7 Ultimate 64-bit

Can anyone see the cause? It was the same in rev4866 and 0.9.9 too...
Isn't this laptop?
Maybe it becomes too hot or some power management is starting to do something(I don't know where is that option in Win7)
Powerplan is "maximize performance if plugged in", and I only play games on it while charging. And it's not as hot as when playing e.g. Civilization 5 or Last Remnant.
Just for test,try using DX10 mode,not 11
Umm, there isn't a DX10 mode. Only DX9 and DX11 (assuming you talk about GSDX settings).
DX10/11 is exactly same, using same code, only name is changed(it's actually variable that shows when detected proper version).

Was your problem also happening in r4600?(0.9.8)
Yes, that's the 0.9.9 I mentioned in the OP (I mistook the version number).
(09-01-2011, 06:46 PM)vsub Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe it becomes too hot

I concurr
Yeah I finally was able to re-install emulator on desktop and it froze along same time period during FFX

Same settings just not interlacing
were you by chance in the same place?
Pages: 1 2 3