..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Metal Gear Solid 3:Snake Eater Best Settings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
First of all, i read trough so much stuff, and i noticed that most of the people have the same problem with this game. From crashes , to bad graphics...
So i wanted to start new thread, basically i want all of you (and by that i mean people who actually played this game on emulator), to give your opinion on the subject of best possible settings for this game.
Also i wanted to know if anyone of you, played this game anywhere near close to the quality of the original on PS2.., i have played it on PS2, and i noticed quality difference.
So any suggestions about proper software,graphics, or PCX2 settings, for this game would be awesome....
Thanks and fire away....!Cool
I have the PAL version which comes with 3 discs: Subsistence, Persistence, and Existence. All run on PCSX2 well without any problem except for speed. Not sure if it crashed because I don't play it on PCSX2, just do a quick test. I also tried many combination of speedhacks but they did not help much.

Can you explain the "quality difference"?
I have just completed the game(MGS3Wackonake Eater ver) about 2 weeks ago witth Pcsx2 0.9.8 offical (r4600)...

Yeah, the game runs very well, except for the speed although I can get the game run at above 60FPS 70% of the time. The FPS usually drop when fight boss and someplace that have reflection effect(like swamp or even water on floor).

I think I have found an issue(don't know it's Pcsx2 or Gsdx), when I use "Thermal G", the FPS drop ~5fps, sometime crash...

Can't say since I havn't even bothered to make an image of my MGS3 cus everyone says its such a beastie. Buuut... Doubtful but if the thermal thing works any way similar to Resi 4 then SW mode helped alot.
I just played the Persistence and Existence discs. They're kinda bonus discs, one contains the MSG4 trailer and the other contains the old Metal Gear. When I was little, I had a NES and Metal Gear was my favorite game, unfortunately I got stuck mid game and could not finish it. Now I get stuck again, lol. This game's map is too complicated to find the right way to go.

Quote:Also i wanted to know if anyone of you, played this game anywhere near close to the quality of the original on PS2.., i have played it on PS2, and i noticed quality difference.
To have the PS2 quality, simply check the "Native" checkbox in the GSDX plugin settings. The main difference between PS2 and the PCSX2, not including glitches, is resolution. I played Resident Evil 4 on my PC @ 1024x768, then played it again on my PS2 & 32 inch TV and it looked like crap. Recently I played Call of Duty 3 and gave up after 2 hours. I could not see the enemy to aim. The PS2 resolution is too low for a 32 inch TV to display.
You don't know if CoD:Finest Hour works do you Livy? Cus I remember I liked that one a lot and need to know if its worth buying.
(Off topic)

Perhaps the Call of Duty series is not suite for me. I hate the aiming mechanism. In Halo or Counter-Strike, you can aim at 'em when walking, and when your crosshair is on their head, you stop and fire. In CoD3, when you walk, the crosshair disappears. It only appears when you stop and you have to spend some time to aim. The standard crosshair accuracy is inferior, and most of the time I have to use L1 to aim. It is more realistic but the gun hides 1/2 the screen and if you look too high, the gun hides the enemy and you cannot know where they are to aim. You only know when you're dead.

In Call of Duty 3, the framerate drop drawmatically on the battlefield just like Shadow of the Colossus. The enemy oftens hide behind obstacles, and the low resolution prevent me from aiming at them. Whenever I get hit, the crosshair shakes. I reload, the crosshair shakes. I use melee attack, it shake again. Further more, both sides wear green uniform and I cannot tell the allies from the enemies until they fire me. One of the most annoying game with bad control ever.

I'll try Modern Warfare and World at World when my wireless controller arrives. Don't want to play 'em on my PC at the moment. I'm not sure 'bout Finest Hour but it is older than CoD3. You should try to watch some gameplay video to reconsider.
(09-06-2011, 08:01 AM)phikhanh Wrote: [ -> ]I have just completed the game(MGS3Wackonake Eater ver) about 2 weeks ago witth Pcsx2 0.9.8 offical (r4600)...

Yeah, the game runs very well, except for the speed although I can get the game run at above 60FPS 70% of the time. The FPS usually drop when fight boss and someplace that have reflection effect(like swamp or even water on floor).

I think I have found an issue(don't know it's Pcsx2 or Gsdx), when I use "Thermal G", the FPS drop ~5fps, sometime crash...

What are your settings?
In terms of PCSX2?
My configuration is: Intel Core 2 Duo E 8500 3.16 GHz
Memory 4096 megabytes
Graphics ATI RADEON HD 4850
I've also got the latest version of PCSX2.
But my question is this,i think that @phikhanh can provide us with answers...
Ok here i go..
the game is slow.., but you can play it..., one guy told me that i should*(try pressing F9 duing the game, or in the emulation settings, putting the clamps for EE and VU to full/extra), i did this because i wanted to have as good an experience as i can, but when i turned on this button, the game slowed down, I MEAN REALLY SLOWED DOWN, but without pressing that button i can't see the codec characters.,is there any way to fix this?
Did anyone had the same problem?
Codec characters can be seen in hardware mode with recent svn build, try getting the latest:
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-SVN-daily...-by-Orphis
Pages: 1 2 3