..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: UPDATED: HELP sudden drop of fps while playing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
While I am playing my iso file, ( buikai tenkaichi3) right when I am actually about to play( about to fight) my screen turns a little darker and my fps drops from around 60 fps to about 5 fps
It's weird because when I am in the games main menu it runs fine but when I am actually about to fight the fps drops and my screen turns darker. Why? Thanks in advance

UPDATE:
Specs:
13 inch macbook pro 2010
2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
4gb 1067 Mhz DDR3

Version: # PCSX2/mac Snow Leopard – build from 24 Jan 2011, with zzogl 0.21.213, requires snow leopard 10.6.3 or higher
screenshots: http://s1085.photobucket.com/albums/j422/kpark1995/
pc specs ? Plugins settings ? pcsx2 version ? Screenshots ?
@jesalvein Post Updated plz help thanks again
dunno if a special fix exists to solve this "darkness" effect.
that said, your CPU is a bit weak for this demanding game.
Try enabling some speedhacks, or/and overclock your cpu to 3 Ghz if possible.
i think its a problem with the pcsx2 because when i try to run other games the game doesnt work after i click story mode for example, in dbz sagas or in streetfighter etc. idk though plz help
which other games ?
and wht kindof error message do you get ?
can you posthe emulog.txt after a crash ?
well i have 2 types of pscx2 versions and the recent one i downloaded off of the website froze when i was about to play, dbz sagas btw. but with the older version i got off of youtube through a video, i could actually play the game but my character was very pixilated and it was running a bit slow.
when i use the older version of pscx2 to play tenkaichi 3, my whole screen has purple horizontal lines while i play and it moves a bit slow. but defenetly not as slow as 5-8 fps like the newer version.
This game is graphically demanding I guess this macbook GPU is 320M which simply is not enough(probably even on windows it would be too slow for this game), to add ZZOgl on Mac doesn't really give speeds like GSdx under Windows, it's simply slower, you can forget about playing in any decent speed. Full speed in menus is normal when it's just some 2d sprites to draw;], but while you're limited soo hard by GPU on 3D scenes, there is nothing really you can do to get enjoyable gameplay.

Generally about games not working, make note Mac is limited to pcsx2 0.9.6 and less compatible GS plugins, it's also ported/developed by literally 1 person soo don't expect that it'll work as it works for people using Windows with latest builds. But trully if you think some config or emulator version will do the job, think again, you're hardware limited not even counting pcsx2 mac port limitations, soo a pixelated slideshow is what you'll get at best.
if youre not on lion it might help. the switch from open GL 3.0 to 3.2 can help quite a bit, and windows has directx and open gl 4.0 so you could potentially get better results via windows too.
(09-15-2011, 12:30 AM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]pc specs ? Plugins settings ? pcsx2 version ? Screenshots ?

dude i gt the same prob as well,heres my spec its
RAM:8 gb
Gpu: ATI Radeon HD 6730 HD
total availablec graphics memory :5876mb