..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Where is ZeroGS?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, I thought I'd try final fantasy X again. I played it through in it's entirety on pcsx2 and I don't recall having any slowdowns after I was done tweaking it. and if I recall correctly, ZeroGS is what did it for me. However, there's no zerogs in the current version and I can't seem to find it anywhere. What happened to it?
You can still get it through the Buildbot SVN. http://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/
Although considering they took it out for release you may want to consider playing with your settings more/ speed hacks. The latest SVN builds have the new MTVU hack you should read up on if you havn't been around for awhile.
ZeroGS has lots of glitches with this game and runs slower than GSdx.
There's no reason to use it anymore, it's simply outdated.
I stupidly made a copy of this page instead of a link to it so i didn't see anyone reply before...

My own moronity aside, I found zerogs somewhere and it was a noticable speedup in some areas, which isn't too surprising seeing as how it failed to render half the game... I got rid of it quickly.

I hadn't looked at the buildbot builds yet and I have now. that MTVU hack did miracles for my slow but sturdy quad core, thanks.

Still don't know how it ran so much better in early 2010 than it did now without the hack... but it's entirely playable now so I'm not complaining
(09-17-2011, 03:28 PM)zoef Wrote: [ -> ]I stupidly made a copy of this page instead of a link to it so i didn't see anyone reply before...

My own moronity aside, I found zerogs somewhere and it was a noticable speedup in some areas, which isn't too surprising seeing as how it failed to render half the game... I got rid of it quickly.

I hadn't looked at the buildbot builds yet and I have now. that MTVU hack did miracles for my slow but sturdy quad core, thanks.

Still don't know how it ran so much better in early 2010 than it did now without the hack... but it's entirely playable now so I'm not complaining

Good to hear you got it sorted out Smile The fix you used before breaking is to be expected. As the devs have said as the emulation process gets improved and more precise, some games will suffer in performance simply because the emulator was doing less work before as it wasn't running "as much" of the game before. Less hacks = more real work for your pc. Hope this helps.