..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: I Dont Have a good Performance on PCSX2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Good afternoon, i'm new here, i have a notebook and i was trying to play Guitar Hero Metallica on PCSX2, but it was very slow, sometimes the fps fell down and the sound stop. I tried a lot of configurations but i didnt had a good performance, so, Is anybody tell me a good configuration for my computer? (The bios, Video plugin and sound, EEIOP, GS and VUs)

I'm using PCSX2 0.9.8 (r4600), I already chose the nvdia on control painel.

I Have a Acer Aspire 5750G

i7 2630QM 2.0 GHZ
Nvidia Geforce GT540M 1GB DDR3
4 GB DDR3 Memory
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bits
640HDD

I'm sorry about my english, i'm brazilian.
Thanks!
Download the latest SVN here: http://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/
Then go into the hacks subsection and check the MTVU hack. Unfortunately Guitar Hero games are extremely cpu intensive and 2 ghz won't cut it. You can try using skipdraw in gsdx to remove some buggy effects that cause slowdowns (check GS plugins->GSdx->Hacks subsection in the configuration guide on how to do it)
Bositman thanks for your attention, after that i did the update (r918), i had a better performance, thanks!
(09-24-2011, 08:15 PM)Bositman Wrote: [ -> ]Download the latest SVN here: http://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/
Then go into the hacks subsection and check the MTVU hack. Unfortunately Guitar Hero games are extremely cpu intensive and 2 ghz won't cut it. You can try using skipdraw in gsdx to remove some buggy effects that cause slowdowns (check GS plugins->GSdx->Hacks subsection in the configuration guide on how to do it)

the turbo boost is over 3GHz Wink
Turbo boost will go that far if only 1 core is active and especially with MTVU that is far from the case here.
turbo boost for 4 cores is 2.9 GHz not much far Smile
not to mention it is Sandy Bridge
Mine's jumping between 2.6 and 2.9.
2.9 mostly when not using MTVU, but in some games there is no difference at all.
But even with 2.6ghz the fps in FFX are almost doubled on the i5-2410 compared to a C2D E6700 with 2.6ghz.
God bless Sandybridge Tongue2