..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Metal Gear Solid 3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Its finally real stable with PG PCSX2 build, but framerate on my [email protected]... i hoped it would be better.
Fullspeed anyone? /Discuss emu config
I got full speed (so far I tried....not really sure about next mission/level) with Xeon 3350 @ 3,4Ghz and HD3870 512mb ddr4.....using latest playground version (not svn)
I got full speed too.. the games is really playable, and ps2 look like.. The only problems, when i play after 5 minutes i have the VMHACK error..any others with the same problem? ( sorry for my english )
full speed? what??
on my 3.6GHz e8400 it is struggling hard. Exactly what settings are you using, and please post screenshots.
thanks
the fastest speed you can get on playground is:

cpu config: MTGS enabled
speedhacks: all of them checked.
advanced options: flush to zero + denormals are zero checked (for both fpu/vu)
and finally VU-skip (if you still need it)

also use the latest GSdx, and use lilypad (and set the option to "run in GS thread" in lilypad's config)
and i think zeroSPU2 is faster than spu2ghz (iirc)

hope that helps

oh, and IIRC, a 3.6ghz C2D should be able to play MGS3 at full speed. i think i got like 40fps on my 3ghz amd x2, which is alot slower than a c2d.
The last rev 447 was good for MGS video playback, but i've got about 15-25 fps slowdowns in some huge areas with x3 hack enabled, besides there the huge misstiming with X3 when i try controll snake i need to wait 1-1,5 second to get respond and moving or action, in 426rev everything was fine
(12-17-2008, 08:21 AM)fireedo Wrote: [ -> ]I got full speed (so far I tried....not really sure about next mission/level) with Xeon 3350 @ 3,4Ghz and HD3870 512mb ddr4.....using latest playground version (not svn)

(12-18-2008, 10:16 AM)cottonvibes Wrote: [ -> ]the fastest speed you can get on playground is:

cpu config: MTGS enabled
speedhacks: all of them checked.
advanced options: flush to zero + denormals are zero checked (for both fpu/vu)
and finally VU-skip (if you still need it)

also use the latest GSdx, and use lilypad (and set the option to "run in GS thread" in lilypad's config)
and i think zeroSPU2 is faster than spu2ghz (iirc)

hope that helps

oh, and IIRC, a 3.6ghz C2D should be able to play MGS3 at full speed. i think i got like 40fps on my 3ghz amd x2, which is alot slower than a c2d.

Ok, you'r right.. but what about the ***** VMHACK error???
I've been trying to make it work for about 2 hours now Ohmy
After I read cottonvibes' post, I tried to set those settings, but it doesn't work. I can't activate Gdsx, because everytime I want to use it, i get a error that tells me to update my DirectX version, and it asks me if I want to update to the newest version. When I click Yes, it redirects me to THIS site, and when I download and install it, it installs a "WGAPlugin" but my DirectX doesn't change.
The Lilypad does also not work. When i want set my control settings, i cant Set my Analog Sticks and my D-Pad. But both of them work.

However, i tried to start it with different settings, but its unplayable, I dont even get through the start sequence.

I hope somebody can help me Smile

PS: Sorry for my bad english, I'm German.
Is the performance of GSdx10 usually worse than GSdx9?
(12-18-2008, 10:44 PM)heftig Wrote: [ -> ]Is the performance of GSdx10 usually worse than GSdx9?

I've installed GSdx10 now and the Problem is fixed. But it only starts in the resolution 512x512 Ohmy
Adn I still got the Lilypad Problem, When i want set my control settings, i cant Set my Analog Sticks and my D-Pad. But both of them work.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14