..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Help me to configure this thing D:
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well first i speak spanish so sorry for my English...

I am new in this thing... The first time I configure this thing for that my PC can handle(thanks for the confi guie) but was a total faild.

First my PC:

Core i5 750 2.67 GHz
8GB RAM 1333 MHz
Evga GTX 570

I want to play this games:

1) Shadows of the colossus
2) Crash bandicoot twin sanity

SOTC runs very slowly like in 30 and in less of 30 FPS with my confi and with the defauld confi. And CBTS runs well but no playble...

Please help me to run this XD

Just a thing... Please try to not say me to turn on the speed hacks.

The Speed hacks what do? An mini overcloaking to the CPU or GPU or what? I dont really want to kill my PC.

Again Sorry for the English
about SOTC, overclocking would help since it's a very demanding game and surely 2.67 ghz won't be nough.

BUT...
- VU cycle stealing speedhack works very well with this game without major break
- Getting latest svn : http://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/ and enabling MTVU hack would help too, since you have more than 2 cores

And finally, speedhacks won't do any damage to your PC
(09-30-2011, 11:26 PM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]about SOTC, overclocking would help since it's a very demanding game and surely 2.67 ghz won't be nough.

BUT...
- VU cycle stealing speedhack works very well with this game without major break
- Getting latest svn : http://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/ and enabling MTVU hack would help too, since you have more than 2 cores

And finally, speedhacks won't do any damage to your PC

2.67 is not ok. And 3.2? this processor have turbo technology
turbo is enabled on one core if the others aren't used.
Since pcsx2 uses at least 2 cores, turbo won't work.
(09-30-2011, 11:45 PM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]turbo is enabled on one core if the others aren't used.
Since pcsx2 uses at least 2 cores, turbo won't work.

Ok so the speedhacks dont damage the PC but i could be some problems in the game? But this with slowly sistem? Because now i am using speed hacks in 4 level at agresive at 60 FPS but maybe i can with at more better?

What if I put the speed hack in the max auto level?

So the speedhacks will be not be a problem with a good PC?

If the speedhacks dont do nothing to my PC iI will active.

Now what Configuration do you recomend me for this game?

Thanks
I only have sotc so i gonna tell u what exactly u need to do or what exactly i do to play that game, turn off the preset slider, go to the hack section and enable it, select vu cycle to 3, and enable the recommendend three + mtvu, now in gsdx options use the scale up that works better for u, x2-x3-x4, and enjoy the ride.

Ps u can oc ur cpu, and gain a little more of fps. cheers o/
If only running on 2 cores, that i5-750 can reach a 3.2Ghz boost.

In any case, you still must use at least mild VU stealing with this game (SotC) to keep a full framerate.
Even using a 5.0Ghz i5-2500K, you still need it. Wink

Just try that Speedhack on it's own at first. Set it to 1, and see what it does for you.
Apply further Speedhacks as you need them.

Do not use MTVU with SotC. It proved to reduce performance with this particular game. Not to mention that using MTVU will prevent the additional 400Mhz you could get from Turbo. Consider overclocking to avoid the whole dependancy on the active core count, and a generally smoother PCSX2 experience (and less need for hacks in most situations).
O: Mini thanks to all Laugh

The games runs very good and actually have better and more FPS in a colossus battle than PS2 Laugh

Thanks all