..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: My PCSX2 is slow, HELP ME!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have:

Intel Core 2 Duo 1.60 GHz (2cpus)
ATI Radeon X1550
Realtek HD Sound
2 Gb Ram
1 TB Hard Drive Space

What's wrong?
In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Your PC is slow, thus PCSX2 is slow too..
Slow CPU.

Try enabling all recommended speed hacks, play at native resolution, set EE Cycle rate up to 3, drop back to 2 if you get stuttering audio.

Really the best you can hope for
I am trying to play SVR 2010

I am using Windows XP SP3
PCSX2 0.9.9

and please explain why my CPU is slow?
(10-09-2011, 06:08 PM)Bositman Wrote: [ -> ]In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Your PC is slow, thus PCSX2 is slow too..

I am trying to play SVR 2010

I am using Windows XP SP3
PCSX2 0.9.9

and please explain why my CPU is slow?
Your CPU is slow, I can vouch for that. My old computer had a 2.0 Ghz core 2 duo and I could barely play a handful of 3D games with loads of speedhacks, now that I have a 2.0 Ghz core i7 it is like night and day.

With your CPU no matter what you try to do you are limited to only 2D and sprite based games I am afraid. Maybe you can get a lighter load game like FFX at tolerable speeds but that is it.
oh, sorry I'm new at this. maybe I'd have to find another game or just buy a new CPU .. this cpu sucks balls

Thanks for answering Smile
It's too slow for nearly every game.
Try less CPU demanding games like Final Fantasy X or Kingdom Hearts.
no one metnioned that old weak GPU Tongue

basically you need to throw your case and buy a new one Smile
Thowing the computer case does not help. He needs to throw and replace the stuff inside Tongue.
bro jus save up for a high-end alienware desktop or laptop bro
Pages: 1 2