..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Xenosaga III unplayably choppy. Any advice?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Try ticking the "Allow 8-bit textures" option in GSdx for this game, may help a bit but as said before your graphics card is the problem.
Uh... so I'm now able to run the game on hardware mode at x2 native resolution without any unplayable problems. Perhaps my computer just needed a reboot or something? Interesting....

I still get some slowdown in certain areas with a lot of NPCs (havent tried any dungeons or battles yet), but maybe I can try a 1.5ish native resolution and see if that helps.

I'm wondering though.... I have my PS2 set to 16:9 resolution like my monitor, and my PCSX2 emulator settings at 4:3 (otherwise it stretches), so should my custom resolution be at a 4:3 ratio or 16:9? Would perhaps changing aspect ratio settings in the emulator settings or PS2 settings result in a lesser load on my GPU?

Thanks!
The game only runs in 4:3 aspect ratio as far as I remember so it wouldn't make a difference, for other games that support that setting then maybe but you'd have to try and find out.
Now I have a troubleshooting question :\

I was running around on the miltia world map getting Jr's swimsuit when all of a sudden everything went black. At first I thought it was just my monitor doing a mysterious black screen for a couple of seconds, but then I douple clicked out of full screen and also realized I could still hear myself walking, and I can still access the menu. If I switch party leaders, then when I exit out of the menu it will briefly show the red location arrows on a black background before they disappear. Unfortunately I'm in a maze of pathways near the treasure chest and cant figure out how to get back so I can try entering an area or something.

I already tried saving the state and loading it up again using different graphics plugin settings but no luck. Anything I can do to force the game to reload graphics or something like that?
Savestate is memory dump with pretty much everything included, this means bugs too. To start from a bug-free point, you would need to restart the game and load a "normal" save, reloading a savestate will not really help. Unless you don't have normal saves then load last good savestate and start using in-game save system.
I was only testing XSIII how it works, had no time/will to replay it all, so dunno if it's not just a broken location or two. I remember similar problems in XSI through it wasn't a black screen, but a texture rendered above everything else making whole location blind. That could be fixed by different clamping or rounding modes, maybe it's worth trying changing them a bit. Or even pressing F9 for software mode to check if the problem also exists there, sometimes just switching between hardware->software and then returning to hardware can clear the glitches.
Pages: 1 2